Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Portland area
 [Register]
Portland area Portland, ME metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 12:10 PM

38 posts, read 148,804 times

Advertisements

What are the employment opportunities for an internet marketing professional working in the Internet/E*Commerce field as a Project Manager or Search Engine Analyst in the Portland, Maine area ?

From some of the Posts i've read, employment can be an issue in parts of Maine. Does this hold true for Portland as well? Any suggestions for companies in the Portland area that either specialize or would have positions relating to internet project management/marketing or analysis?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2008, 12:56 PM

874 posts, read 1,856,757 times
Check out mesda.com. Sorry one handed with sleeping baby on lap but that should be useful for you.

Old 01-08-2008, 01:34 PM

228 posts, read 221,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine2009 View Post
What are the employment opportunities for an internet marketing professional working in the Internet/E*Commerce field as a Project Manager or Search Engine Analyst in the Portland, Maine area ?

From some of the Posts i've read, employment can be an issue in parts of Maine. Does this hold true for Portland as well? Any suggestions for companies in the Portland area that either specialize or would have positions relating to internet project management/marketing or analysis?

Thanks
Okay this is a joke right? You are to smart to move here right?

Old 01-08-2008, 01:52 PM

8,357 posts, read 25,250,322 times
Quote:

Thanks
I thought that you were moving here because of your job?

If that is your field, it is going to be slim pickings. The pay will be (considerably?) less, as well. You might be better off moving to Boston or New York.

Old 01-08-2008, 01:53 PM

2,054 posts, read 4,582,029 times
Maybe LL Bean? Not sure what your job description means.

Old 01-08-2008, 01:54 PM

Default Depends how you view things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Let's tell the truth View Post
Okay this is a joke right? You are to smart to move here right?
My wife is able to get a transfer and make the same salary in Portland as she does in Los Angeles. She earns a great deal more than I do, so in this case,,,it does make sense. We are also both tired of the hectic lifestyle here in LA.....so,,,to answer your question,,,,its no joke

Old 01-08-2008, 02:00 PM

Default job clarification

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmyankee View Post
Maybe LL Bean? Not sure what your job description means.
I work for one of the movie studios out here in Los Angeles in their Internet Department. We are responsible for driving targeted consumers to the movie studio's website, as well as providing the best user experience for the user when they are at the site. The companies website has both informational and E*commerce aspects to it.

I realize that I might need to get out of the internet aspect and go more into conventional marketing when we move to Maine.

Hope this helps to clarify

Old 01-08-2008, 02:14 PM

8,357 posts, read 25,250,322 times
Quote:
I work for one of the movie studios out here in Los Angeles in their Internet Department. We are responsible for driving targeted consumers to the movie studio's website, as well as providing the best user experience for the user when they are at the site. The companies website has both informational and E*commerce aspects to it.

I realize that I might need to get out of the internet aspect and go more into conventional marketing when we move to Maine.

Hope this helps to clarify
With that experience you might not have a problem finding work. I am surprised to hear that your wife will have the same salary here as she did in LA.

Old 01-08-2008, 04:12 PM

4,565 posts, read 10,663,619 times
Ouch, you will have a hard time finding that job in Portland, or even Boston. Start looking at really big companies, they might have one person in charge of doing that, finding an opening will be harder. Even large companies like to hire from within.

Maine is a great place to live, but you will probably have to start a new career path once you get here. Might be call center work, data entry, carpentry or a wide variety of other things. You will just have to work your way up. I gotta warn you, don't limit yourself to project mgmt or SEO, there is a good chance you may never find that job in Maine.

Old 01-08-2008, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 399083453 View Post
Ouch, you will have a hard time finding that job in Portland, or even Boston. Start looking at really big companies, they might have one person in charge of doing that, finding an opening will be harder. Even large companies like to hire from within.

Maine is a great place to live, but you will probably have to start a new career path once you get here. Might be call center work, data entry, carpentry or a wide variety of other things. You will just have to work your way up. I gotta warn you, don't limit yourself to project mgmt or SEO, there is a good chance you may never find that job in Maine.
Thanks for the feedback.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Portland area