Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Portland area
 [Register]
Portland area Portland, ME metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2007, 03:57 PM

25 posts, read 128,721 times

Advertisements

I am interested in hearing what Portland residents have to say about the city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2007, 04:22 PM

19 posts, read 88,944 times
The city government is full of democrats, and the city overwhelmingly votes for dems. They love to take from the well-connected and hardworkers and make government bigger. If you like money beind taken out of your pocket, you might as well move here. Otherwise, look anywhere in Maine outside of the Portland Area.

Old 01-06-2007, 01:25 PM

25 posts, read 128,721 times
Thanks. I appreciate the response. Unfortunately, it seems it is that way pretty much every where.

Old 01-07-2007, 09:12 AM

86 posts, read 484,256 times
That is the general way most places. Other than what was stated, Portland is a thriving city. City Officials do slow progress for their own reasons, but it is still a progressive city. They do have a GREAT downtown area to shop or enjoy art, kids museums, etc. During the summer there are sidewalk musicians in the Old Port area which I love to listen to. The Police really do a great job making all feel safe. Too bad they got rid of the horse patrol a couple years ago. Cruise ships come in on a regular basis. Everything you would like can be found in or around Portland. The beauty of Maine is that you don't even have to live in Portland. You can live in a nearby town and not have tons of traffic to deal with to get into the City. We do have our traffic issues, but not like a Boston. Come enjoy the City for a week or two and you will see what I mean.

Good luck!

Old 01-09-2007, 09:34 AM

1 posts, read 2,191 times
Default Looking to move to Portland

I recently have read much on the young arts community and unique city/fishing town feel of Portland.... does it hold true? What are some positive and negative aspects of the city? How is real estate? Safety?
Thanks for the help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine > Portland area