Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2010, 12:40 PM

1,657 posts, read 4,485,745 times

Advertisements

I'm just asking....
How drunk does one have to be for it to sound like a good idea to drive your car down the tracks of a light rail commuter passenger train tracks as if you wanted to play chicken with the LR train?

Eastbound MAX tracks set to open again shortly | OregonLive.com

Quote:
Hale has been booked into the Multnomah County Jail on charges of driving under the influence of intoxicants,.....
Y'A THINK????

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2010, 01:08 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,533,732 times
I saw this happen on a few times on Interstate Ave when the Yellow Line went in...Sometimes when making a left turn, people accidentally turn right into the median and the MAX tracks. Add some drinks(or more) into the mix and at night you get a drunk driving down the middle of the tracks just trying to figure out where they're going.

Old 10-15-2010, 12:05 PM

890 posts, read 3,702,573 times
There was also that guy who drove his Pontiac halfway down the Robertson tunnel. He was pretty sloshed, too.

Old 10-18-2010, 09:11 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,060,763 times
I see people doing stupid crap in front of the Max's downtown pretty much every day.

Old 10-18-2010, 09:51 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,863,665 times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qpoVjUWvYg

Haha , these videos never get old...

Old 11-19-2010, 03:52 AM

11 posts, read 27,816 times
hahah that video was funny. i feel like half the people that drive in portland got their license at wal-mart, or most definitely are not from here. this is very annoying when my riding my bicycle, and a car is driving in the huge bike lanes in downtown, or they stop over the green box??? some people look like they think they are the only one in the city. lol

Old 11-19-2010, 08:22 AM

1,657 posts, read 4,485,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeimuzu00 View Post
hahah that video was funny. i feel like half the people that drive in portland got their license at wal-mart, or most definitely are not from here. this is very annoying when my riding my bicycle, and a car is driving in the huge bike lanes in downtown, or they stop over the green box??? some people look like they think they are the only one in the city. lol
There is also the fact that there has been a little or no public education (relations?) effort put forth to explain the "Green Boxes" or even "Copenhagen Left Turns." I don't know, but I am willing to wager most visitors and those who seldom drive into the central core areas of Portland haven't the slightest concept of what those "Green Boxes" are for, and I would also suggest some might even guess a "Copenhagen Left" was a street spitting depository place for specific brand of smokeless tobacco.

However, let us agree at least the the state law requires drivers to stop for pedestrians wanting to cross the street at intersections and cross walks, and yet I quite regularly in the last 5 months have seen car and bus drivers honk there horns at pedestrians instead of stopping. Therefore I must ask, why should drivers give consideration to the "Green Boxes"? It's not as if the Portland City Police are enforcing cycle / pedestrian respect from car drivers lately; 'cause they ain't.

Old 11-26-2010, 02:17 AM

1,818 posts, read 3,838,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by philwithbeard View Post
I'm just asking....
How drunk does one have to be for it to sound like a good idea to drive your car down the tracks of a light rail commuter passenger train tracks as if you wanted to play chicken with the LR train?

Eastbound MAX tracks set to open again shortly | OregonLive.com

Y'A THINK????

I had to drag that car off that tracks. I could tell a lot of stories, but this is not the place.

You can see me in this video walking on the right side of the Camry .
https://trinet.trimet.org/exchweb/bi...104863319.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland