Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 03:25 PM

10,988 posts, read 20,556,080 times

Advertisements

Yes, and anyone who relies on third party information on the internet is at risk for bad information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2011, 06:08 PM

4,828 posts, read 7,450,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Dam_ View Post

I heard that in some places they do not require the DEQ test. I have a friends in Eugen and Corvallis, which place of these might not require a DEQ test?
Straight from the DEQ website. Look at an Oregon map and figure the rest out for yourself.

Quote:
Who Needs Emissions Testing?There is no statewide testing requirement, however, most vehicles in the Portland and/or Medford metropolitan areas must pass a Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) emissions test as part of the registration tag renewal process. Also, most vehicles that are new to Oregon must pass an emissions test prior to being registered in these areas.

Emissions testing is required as follows:
  • In the Portland area, 1975 and newer model years must be tested (view detailed information).
  • In the Medford (Rogue Valley) area, vehicles 20 model years old and newer must be tested (view detailed information).
  • In these areas, cars, trucks, vans, motor homes and buses powered by gasoline, alternative fuels (such as propane), and hybrids must be tested.
  • In these areas, diesel-powered vehicles with a manufacturer's gross weight rating of 8,500 pounds or less must be tested.
If your vehicle meets the above criteria and is new to Oregon, you must have a certificate that the vehicle passed an emissions test before you bring it in to DMV to be registered.

Old 12-12-2011, 09:50 PM

9 posts, read 55,791 times
I don't care enough to go look at dmv's oregon site...but up here in washington its like...what..300$ of work to get a pass for deq...it can't be that much more in oregon...And damn, really dude. WHERE are you from that you are worried about deq out here...both oregon and washington are slack compared to most other places.

Hell, my giant ass pickup with a giant ass 460 in it badly tuned and with a crapped out carb ALMOST passed washington....That should tell you something right there. And seriously, call DMV. They want your money, so they are helpfull about this sort of thing. I actually had the lady at dmv suggest I get a skamania address temporarily if I really wanted to get my truck registered (I just waited 4 months till it was a classic )....skamania would be upriver from vancouver, with no deq needed by the way. That tells you how little they care when the DMV LADY SUGGESTED THAT IS WHAT I DO..
And I just actually re-read the part where you are trying get rid of it without letting people know it won't pass deq...HERP DERP I say to you. You are the kind of ass that I bought my truck from.....
*edit* I'm slightly inebriated so I will expound on that last sentence. You are here...asking for help...in fobbing a car off that can't pass deq as a car that can, am I correct in that? If you expect rosy cheerfulness in that endevour, I wish you luck. You probably drank more then I did! I personally would man/women up and spend the money to get it past deq if I was trying to sell a car. Or suck it up and take the price hit for selling it without having passed. I would add a part about how if that is not the case you should blah blah blah, but to me it seems that I don't need to waste time doing that! Good luck!

Last edited by madpraxis; 12-12-2011 at 10:22 PM..

Old 12-13-2011, 09:00 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,633,867 times
Yamhill County does not require DEQ testing.

Old 09-23-2014, 11:28 PM

1 posts, read 23,574 times
Most small towns don't do DEQ. I am from Hood River, Oregon. Thankfully my parents live there so I was able to get my registration there without the emissions testing. I had it tested in Portland and it failed. It was going to be costly and take time to fix. As it happens, I moved to Hood River for a few months and immediately drove to the DMV, changed my address and paid for my current tags. Yay!

Bonus, no line, and it was WAY cheaper too! Gotta love small towns.

Old 09-25-2014, 01:05 AM

8,000 posts, read 17,328,019 times
Why would anyone want to cheat the system? It is in place for a good reason. What ever happened to honesty?

Old 09-25-2014, 07:37 AM

478 posts, read 881,538 times
Wow, for once I agree with Steve...

Just think, if everyone cheats the system we can have smog just like LA! Won't that be nice? :P

Old 09-30-2014, 01:34 PM

8,000 posts, read 17,328,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisw View Post

Just think, if everyone cheats the system we can have smog just like LA! Won't that be nice? :P
Before the testing was put in place, some of the mosquito killers in the metro area shouldn't have been on the road and smog was becoming an issue. The testing cleaned up the air and got most of the trash off the road. You can thank testing for the good air quality in Portland.

And as I said. Why intentionally cheat. What ever happened to moral values?

Old 10-01-2014, 11:00 AM

846 posts, read 609,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisw View Post

I agree with your agreement.

There are valid reasons for the DEQ.

Old 11-04-2018, 09:25 PM

2 posts, read 11,633 times
Hello Everyone,
Just wondering if anyone is familiar with which towns in Jackson county are exempt from emissions testing besides Gold Hill? Thanks for your help with this!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland