Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 12:49 AM

128 posts, read 220,633 times

Advertisements

I notice that all the sudden all these pink flowered trees r popping...as well as other flowers and greenery....it is certainly beautiful....I can't imagine how nice summer will be...just got here end of december....it is amazing here in beaverton...I love i it here
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2012, 09:46 AM

381 posts, read 1,016,278 times
Spring is definitely on the way... the beach grass has started sprouting this weekend, and the Bald Eagle that hangs around the beach here? I noticed he now has a mate. They've been hanging around together on a tree halfway up the hill all week, calling to each other.

To top that off, yesterday was warm and sunny enough to not bother with a jacket for most of the day.

Cannot wait for summer

Old 03-18-2012, 05:57 PM

320 posts, read 417,293 times
Default Hello MsMurphy64

I recently posted this on your blue line post, but figured you have been busy settling in....

So now that you have been there a few months, I wanted to know your thoughts. Are you still loving it there? Any new adventures worth writing about? Basically just want to know how your adjusting and how Portland is treating you Hope all is well!

Old 03-19-2012, 02:19 AM

38 posts, read 55,752 times
It was a day full of sleet and hail interspersed with rain.

It is much warmer in Boston than it is in Portland where temperatures are dipping into the 30s.

Do not let anyone fool you. You need AC in the summer because temps can be in the 90s and 100s. The weather is HARSH. The terrain is HARSH. The living is HARSH.

Portland/Oregon = HARSH. That is the truth.

10 day forecast. I could not make this up but luckily I do not have to:

PM Showers
Rain
Rain
Showers
Few Showers
Few Showers
Partly Cloudy
Scattered Showers
Showers
N/A

I will bet day 10 is some version of showers, rain, few showers, scattered showers....they are running out of synonyms for the constant wet stuff.

Old 03-19-2012, 09:37 AM

6,464 posts, read 13,440,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by for1500 View Post

Do not let anyone fool you. You need AC in the summer because temps can be in the 90s and 100s. The weather is HARSH. The terrain is HARSH. The living is HARSH.

What AC? I've lived in the Portland area all my life, but have never lived in a house or apartment with AC.

Old 03-19-2012, 09:49 AM

381 posts, read 1,016,278 times
Curious about the A/C thing myself. I had a window unit that I purchased in 2007... I can count on one hand the number of times I've actually used the thing, and never for more than a couple of hours at the most.

I donated it to Goodwill before moving out to the coast, since I know for certain that it's unneeded out here.

Yesterday, it rained for a few minutes, snowed for a few minutes, then the sun came out and it was rather nice out, only needing a light jacket. The sunset was rather glorious, IMHO (too bad I didn't get home earlier to unlimber the camera while the sun was still out. The image below was taken last night.)

I suspect that for1500 may be a bit too much of a princess when it comes to weather conditions. :/
Attached Thumbnails
spring is on the way? lots of flowers-sunset-3-18-12.jpg  

Old 03-19-2012, 09:59 AM

6,413 posts, read 12,145,093 times
Quote:
It was a day full of sleet and hail interspersed with rain.
I know you have trouble with facts, so I thought I'd help you out.

Yesterday's hourly weather report with 39 times of reported weather conditions ... SIX had rain, racking up a huge total of .10 inches of precipitation.

Sure sounds like a day full of of precipitation to me.

Old 03-19-2012, 11:18 AM

192 posts, read 454,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMurphy64 View Post
I notice that all the sudden all these pink flowered trees r popping...as well as other flowers and greenery....it is certainly beautiful....I can't imagine how nice summer will be...just got here end of december....it is amazing here in beaverton...I love i it here
Some of those may be ornamental cherry trees. Ours are blooming more prolifically than they have the last two years.

Seeing the bulbs start to poke through is like a sigh of relief to me - there IS a spring coming!

Old 03-19-2012, 11:25 AM

892 posts, read 1,592,898 times
Bulbs start to poke through? My daffodils and crocii are in full bloom and the hyacinth aren't far behind.

Old 03-19-2012, 11:28 AM

9,961 posts, read 17,524,172 times
Quote:

You sound like a real freakin' pansy...

Waaaaa...It's usuallly 75-80 degrees and no humidity in the summer in average on Portland--real harsh... Try the Central Valley of California if you want to see what a hot summer feels like.

Last edited by Deezus; 03-19-2012 at 11:37 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland