Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2012, 06:46 PM

24 posts, read 27,741 times

Advertisements

Hello, our family is moving to Beaverton by feb-march 2013. Currently my kids are in a hybrid charter school in CA (2days school 3days homeschool). This works great for us since my kids are advanced. I was wondering if Beaverton has similar options as far as school is concerned.i have no idea about the school options in Beaverton but based on google research, i see a school for gifted kids but that's on the other side of the river. My husband's work will be in the Raleigh hills area. I am not a big fan of the local Public schools here in my current neighborhood and I haven't heard any differently about schools in beaverton. I am hoping someone who lives there can give me more info / advice based on their experience. My kids are in elementary school and still some time for middle school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2012, 09:11 AM

1,082 posts, read 1,913,102 times
I don't know about part-time options but I live just south of raleigh hills in the Montclair elementary boundary area and have heard wonderful things about the school. It has good ratings on all the school review websites that I've seen. My oldest will start Kindergarten in the fall.

Old 12-17-2012, 09:27 AM

1,082 posts, read 2,403,518 times
My stepsons have been out of school for several years, so my knowledge of the Beaverton school system ends in 2007. One went to Merlo High School, which was excellent. It had different programs for students who were gifted in math and science, students who needed smaller class sizes and more teacher attention, unwed teenage mothers, and students who had dropped out of high school and wanted to return. That stepson is very bright but dyslexic, and he attended the second program. The teachers were outstanding. There's a magnet high school in the Raleigh Hills area that's for students who are gifted in the arts. I can't remember the name, but we looked into it at one point. My other stepson attended Westview High School, which is a regular public high school that at the time goty high ratings, and probably still does. A lot of children of Intel and Nike employees go there, so it's well funded.

Old 12-18-2012, 03:25 AM

24 posts, read 27,741 times
Thank you. We have quite some time before High school but its nice to know there are good options.

Old 12-24-2012, 01:28 PM

5 posts, read 21,091 times
Beaverton has option schools for Jr high and high school. The schools in the Bethany Area are known to have more advanced students.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
View detailed profiles of: