Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 04:13 PM

26 posts, read 46,636 times

Advertisements

So, I met this girl online.. She lives in Seattle. My sister and I are flying to Seattle to see her. We're
going to drive to Portland, OR to get to know each other. She gave me the responsibility of putting together the trip. I'm trying to keep it simple, and fun (not to pricey either).

We would get into Portland Fri night.. 10PM

All of saturday would be available

Sunday we would be leaving by 10AM.. maybe later, depending on if we want to do something in Seattle

I know there are a lot of hikes/scenic places to see.. but, I'd rather stay away from that stuff for now.

I was thinking... bowling (Grand Central?) on Friday night

Saturday - Slappy cakes in the morning. Downtown portland during the day. TRAM afternoon. Maybe an evening cruise, or a comedy club at night.

Sunday - If we stay.. maybe pearl district?

You can see I'd rather stay in the city, as it would minimize drive time. We are already driving from Seattle to Portland, and back. Anyways.. would love love input. Thank You!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2013, 04:16 PM

6,464 posts, read 13,440,203 times
What kinds of things do you and her like doing?

Old 04-04-2013, 04:20 PM

8,000 posts, read 17,336,622 times
Watch your wallet. I know three "Met on line" individuals personally. All three were destroyed by the brief relationships and the money loss was out of site.

Just do what a normal date does. I am assuming you know what a normal date is. Taking your sister seems a little over the top.

Old 04-04-2013, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamellr View Post
What kinds of things do you and her like doing?
Drinking lol

Microbreweries?

In all honesty we are up for anything.. since we barely know each other - would like to keep it relatively simple. We are up for anything though.

Trying to find a nice place to grab drinks on Friday night.. that bowling alley doesn't look all that great.

Old 04-04-2013, 04:22 PM

8,000 posts, read 17,336,622 times
Drinking is a sure recipe for disaster. You need to find a better common ground than drinking.

Old 04-04-2013, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Pickering View Post
Watch your wallet. I know three "Met on line" individuals personally. All three were destroyed by the brief relationships and the money loss was out of site.

Just do what a normal date does. I am assuming you know what a normal date is. Taking your sister seems a little over the top.
She is paying for the hotel, I the flight. I'm taking my sister as comfort for her, I mean If I was a girl I wouldn't want to stay in the room with some guy I met on the net. We've only been talking for a month.

She's Indian, as am I. We really are looking for something more serious. LOL found her on a matrimonial site (swallows pride)

Normal DATE! Exactly. Not trying to be over the top

Old 04-04-2013, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Pickering View Post
Drinking is a sure recipe for disaster. You need to find a better common ground than drinking.

Ha, it definitely is an ice breaker for the first night. That awkwardness will diminish. I'm not looking to get her drunk, just take the jitters away.

But, any recommendations for a sports bar, or something laid back for Fri night?

Is the Portland Aerial Tram worth it?

Old 04-04-2013, 04:26 PM

1,082 posts, read 1,912,815 times
good luck! i hope it turns out well (update us after the date!).

Old 04-04-2013, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by christiner81 View Post
good luck! i hope it turns out well (update us after the date!).

Will do. Any recommendations for things to do ?

Old 04-04-2013, 04:27 PM

1,082 posts, read 1,912,815 times
tram is not really dateworthy in my opinion - but i rode it twice today for work so to me it's nothing special. There is Saturday market, which is kinda fun and the farmers market at PSU is on saturdays as well. if you really wanted to do the tram you could easily take the streetcar from the farmers market and check out the views on Marquam hill. though if it's cloudy, you might not see too much
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland