Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2013, 12:49 PM

173 posts, read 276,429 times

Advertisements

I live in CT, born and raised, and this is the most comfortable summer I've ever had. Why? Because it's been cloudy and wet most of the time, so the damn heat and humidity, both of which are always way too high for my taste, is nowhere to be found. Hooray! I used to think I couldn't ever live with such little sunlight, but I'd gladly trade it for this level of comfort. Does this make sense to anyone else?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2013, 01:22 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,529,744 times
It hasn't been cloudy and wet most of this summer. We've had some marine layer clouds in the morning and it rained for a little bit one day. Except for a day last week it's been in the upper 70s to the 90s since late June with sun most of the days.

I mean that's cloudy and wet? Or you even in Portland?

Old 08-07-2013, 01:24 PM

3,121 posts, read 3,097,534 times
I think he's stating that his current local weather is what he thinks Portland's typical summer must be like.

Old 08-07-2013, 01:33 PM

780 posts, read 1,577,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by circa81 View Post
I live in CT, born and raised, and this is the most comfortable summer I've ever had. Why? Because it's been cloudy and wet most of the time, so the damn heat and humidity, both of which are always way too high for my taste, is nowhere to be found. Hooray! I used to think I couldn't ever live with such little sunlight, but I'd gladly trade it for this level of comfort. Does this make sense to anyone else?
Cloudy and wet do not accurately describe a Portland summer, at least not the part from July-September. We've only had one day of rain (and that wasn't much more than a few drops) since about June 25th here in the metro PDX area. Last year, I think we went about 110 days without measurable precipitation. Most days are either near full sun (w/at least a hazy view of the bigger mountains) or start off with a marine layer of clouds that burns off by 9am-1pm, as another poster said.

Heat can vary. Sometimes it only makes the mid-70's, sometimes it hits near 100. However, almost never any substantial humidity - certainly not like the humidity back east (I'm from Ohio). This summer, I could count on one hand when I noticed the combo of both heat AND humidity. Here, unlike back east, when the heat goes up, the humidity goes down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
View detailed profiles of: