Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2007, 06:04 PM

36 posts, read 202,149 times

Advertisements

I was interested in possible moving to the portland area and had a question about neighborhoods. I am curious if there are quiet neighborhoods in the 200-300K range. I don't need a big yard and have noticed a bunch of new construction homes with small lots in the high 100 to mid 200 range. Would these be in bad neighborhoods? They all look well maintained and brand new so I wouldn't guess they would be bad areas. Please inform me. Like I said, I don't need more than 1/10 of an acre, as long as the neighborhood is clean and walkable at day and night. Thanks so much.

BP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2007, 08:20 PM

252 posts, read 953,462 times
There is no way to know if they are in bad neighborhoods or not without addresses.

There are new houses, especially row houses and duplexes being built on formerly vacant lots in bad neighborhoods all over the city. These neighborhoods may be on their way up but they might still be not great.

Old 11-16-2007, 11:36 PM

850 posts, read 3,717,536 times
If you asked this question 5 years ago, I would say that you could find something just about anywhere. That isn't the case anymore. Prices have skyrocketed within the last 5 years. You can find prices in the 200k to 300k, but they are hard to come by.

I would suggest visiting Portland and seeing where you want to live. There are little pockets all over the city, and you really have to just look around.

Old 11-19-2007, 12:27 PM

47 posts, read 215,116 times
Look in North Portland around Arbor Lodge Park, Columbia Park, University of Portland, Adidas, St. John's. 2BDs and 3BDs to be had and very walkable neighborhoods. North Portland's evolving, gritty in parts, charming in parts. Worth a look for what you're looking for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
View detailed profiles of: