Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2016, 12:40 AM

810 posts, read 851,233 times

Advertisements

I have not been to that location of The Elephant but been to the one in the Fox Tower, actually not sure if it is still there. I was not overly impressed and it was way over priced.

Another great place to eat is Kenny and Zukes. it's located in Northwest Portland at 2376 NW Thurman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2016, 01:14 AM

3,928 posts, read 4,905,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeygirl063 View Post
I have not been to that location of The Elephant but been to the one in the Fox Tower, actually not sure if it is still there. I was not overly impressed and it was way over priced.

Another great place to eat is Kenny and Zukes. it's located in Northwest Portland at 2376 NW Thurman.
There are about five locations of Elephants and the one on 23rd is my favorite. There is a new location in the OHSU Dental School in SW Waterfrot at the foot of the new pedestrian bridge. There is also a location on Corbett near McAdam. The one near Nordstrom Downtown is convenient too!

Old 06-03-2016, 10:03 AM

4,059 posts, read 5,616,772 times
Elephants does very good catering, fwiw. [though I imagine that's true of lots of places in Portland]

I also tend to frequent their shop at the airport when traveling, since 'overpriced' at the airport is just the going rate.

Old 06-03-2016, 09:36 PM

10,988 posts, read 20,556,080 times
When Elephants was founded they were at NW 23rd Place, in the Uptown Shopping center. Subsequently they moved to NW 22nd, behind Goodwill. That is their primary place of business.

Old 06-04-2016, 04:18 PM

173 posts, read 276,183 times
OP here, and I wonder if I'm too overly concerned about the summer heat. I'm coming from coastal Connecticut, near New York, and I hate the heat and humidity in the summer. I've read posts here talking about how the summers in Portland are no where near as uncomfortable as the northeast; so is that true or not? Should a reschedule my trip for july or august and not have to be concerned about wilting?

Old 06-04-2016, 04:33 PM

10,988 posts, read 20,556,080 times
We don't usually have very hot days, this weekend is a record-breaker however. Typically maybe 10 days around 100 degrees each year. Humidity, like you have in NY and the Atlantic coast, isn't an issue.

Old 06-05-2016, 06:19 PM
FSF

261 posts, read 312,035 times
I think you'll be bored over 8 days. I think could do all that in 2-3 days, and then add the one extra day that you mentioned. The bus and light rail system is easy enough to figure out. As for inexpensive eats, there are tons enough in that general area, especially with food carts as well as brick and mortar locations that $8-15 a meal should get you what you need depending on your appetite. I'd check on google and yelp for that.

There are a ton of food places I could recommend but will leave it at just one. If you like tri-tip sandwiches, I would take the street car down to the south waterfront area and go to a food card called Rip City Grill.

Old 06-05-2016, 06:39 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,285,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSF View Post
I think you'll be bored over 8 days. I think could do all that in 2-3 days, and then add the one extra day that you mentioned. The bus and light rail system is easy enough to figure out. As for inexpensive eats, there are tons enough in that general area, especially with food carts as well as brick and mortar locations that $8-15 a meal should get you what you need depending on your appetite. I'd check on google and yelp for that.

There are a ton of food places I could recommend but will leave it at just one. If you like tri-tip sandwiches, I would take the street car down to the south waterfront area and go to a food card called Rip City Grill.
That is true, if the OP isn't planning on renting a car and get out of the city to see what really makes this place great, he might want to think about doing a few days here, then take the train to Seattle and do a few days there too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland