Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 08:21 AM

6,023 posts, read 14,069,265 times

Advertisements

What does Fox news have to do with this post ? I don't believe in Santa Clause and it seems 2austin doesn't believe in terrorists ! There is no way that a comment on this board is going to make a poster here look "no better than the terrorists" This post is about someone asking about a friends chances of working illegally in our country. This cavalier attitude towards immigration and law enforcement is endangering all of us and the people who look the other way are enabling our enemies to win their jihad. The next wave of suicide bombers will be Arabs or Persians with Spanish/Mexican accents. Working under the table undermines our system and I for one would never hire anyone under the table. Even hiring a kid to do yard work can cause you to lose your home if they were injured, I use workers from a temp service if I need help, the temp company is responsible for the taxes and work comp.
I say anyone who comes to our country and wants to break our laws can go the Fu. back where they came from or go somewhere else.

Old 02-18-2008, 09:17 AM

184 posts, read 1,007,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickers View Post
What does Fox news have to do with this post ? I don't believe in Santa Clause and it seems 2austin doesn't believe in terrorists ! There is no way that a comment on this board is going to make a poster here look "no better than the terrorists" This post is about someone asking about a friends chances of working illegally in our country. This cavalier attitude towards immigration and law enforcement is endangering all of us and the people who look the other way are enabling our enemies to win their jihad. The next wave of suicide bombers will be Arabs or Persians with Spanish/Mexican accents. Working under the table undermines our system and I for one would never hire anyone under the table. Even hiring a kid to do yard work can cause you to lose your home if they were injured, I use workers from a temp service if I need help, the temp company is responsible for the taxes and work comp.
I say anyone who comes to our country and wants to break our laws can go the Fu. back where they came from or go somewhere else.
Illegal immigration and working under the table is definitely not to be encouraged. It is bad for both the 'illegals' and perhaps our economy as well (but I am not so sure)?

I was pointing out that assuming illegal immigrants want to blow up Americans is knee-jerk and absurd. This is the same fear-mongering and hateful ideology that is resisting our intellectual development and has made us the laughing stock of the world. Can you point out one illegal who was caught with suicidal intentions?

Old 02-18-2008, 09:29 AM

470 posts, read 1,708,071 times
The terrorists responsible for 9/11 flew out out of domestic airports. That fact alone should give anyone advocating illegal immigration food for thought. We have threats to our safety and security internally and externally. I would suggest that concern for law enforcement is not a neo-con, hate-mongering issue, it's a bi-partisan concern for which there is a great deal of consensus.

Last edited by Suzer; 02-18-2008 at 09:37 AM..

Old 02-18-2008, 09:54 AM

184 posts, read 1,007,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzer View Post
The terrorists responsible for 9/11 flew out out of domestic airports. That fact alone should give anyone advocating illegal immigration food for thought. We have threats to our safety and security internally and externally. I would suggest that concern for law enforcement is not a neo-con, hate-mongering issue, it's a bi-partisan concern for which there is a great deal of consensus.
Sorry about being off-topic here in the Portland forum. But you completely missed the point -- the ones who flew airplanes into our buildings were not illegals -- unless illegal means non-american-looking to you.

I dont know about you, but I am as scared of some 'legal' psycopath opening up fire in my kid's public school as I am about internationally-sponsored terrorism. Where do we draw the line?

This country was founded by immigrants and your great great grandfather most likely moved here for the same economic reason as the 'illegals' across the border want to. I agree that now -- because of security, economic and political reasons - we cannot let anyone and everyone walk into our country without checks and balances but to treat them somehow as less-than-humans is unfair.

Thanks and over.

Old 02-18-2008, 10:42 AM

3,517 posts, read 13,262,871 times
Isn't this off topic and a violation of City Data rules? Asking how to break the law is not sanctioned here. There was another post that was removed for asking how to break the law.

Old 02-18-2008, 11:59 AM

28,115 posts, read 63,680,034 times
City-Data does NOT sanction any Illegal activity...

Thread is now closed...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland