Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2009, 08:19 AM

15 posts, read 30,529 times

Advertisements

Just wondering what a decent internet provider would be? as far as price, reliability, just over all a good deal and usage. i'm looking at living in the southwest around 4th and barbur, i don't know if that makes a difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2009, 03:34 PM

1 posts, read 3,238 times
Hey there. I just got signed up with the Clear internet service and it rocks! I called them and in two days the equipment showed up to my house. It took me about 10 minutes to set everything up. In fact there wasn't much set up at all. I took the modem out of the box, plugged it into the wall for power and then plugged it into my laptop with an ethernet cable and I was up and going! I talked to Josh and he was helpful and very nice. I went to [url=http://www.wickedclear.com]Clear WiMax![/url] and it was a cinch!

Whitney

Old 06-24-2009, 12:03 AM

4,627 posts, read 10,473,344 times
I've been with Clear for nearly one month. I have the $20 a month deal...works just fine for me & is very fast, although they have even faster speeds.

I'm very impressed with Clear and so far it's been more reliable than Comcast. I've never had an interruption of speed, etc. and you're not inundated with sales pitches from them.

Google has invested over $500 million in Clear as has Comcast, so I hear. Obviously it's expected to get much larger. By 2012 they expect to cover most major cities in the US. Right now, they only cover Portland, Las Vegas & someplace else.

The set up is basically just plug the modem in. You can take your modem anywhere in the coverage area. It's like a large paperback book size. Or, if a friend has Clear, just take your computer to their house and Internet away. It's not wireless, but it's close!

Most definitely worth a try. I'm very happy with it.

Old 06-25-2009, 03:09 PM

24 posts, read 99,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeBee View Post
Right now, they only cover Portland, Las Vegas & someplace else.
Atlanta.

I agree about Clear, I have it as well. Clear is new and should grow a lot, and it so happens that Portland is its first market, so it's a good opportunity and I think "the answer" to your question.

They have introductory rates that you get for life if you sign up now. (I don't know how much higher they'll be in general, if much at all.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
View detailed profiles of: