Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 07:58 PM

584 posts, read 1,340,805 times

Advertisements

Can't wait for a white blanket in the morning
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2009, 08:10 PM

1,035 posts, read 1,710,032 times
I love the snow!!!

Old 12-11-2009, 08:26 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,167,485 times
.............waiting..........

Old 12-12-2009, 12:27 PM

588 posts, read 2,829,382 times
No snow, no ice, no freezing rain, barely even any drizzle here in Beaverton. The weather morons blew the forecast once again.

I've learned over the years that the chance of snow in Portland is inversely proportional to the media hype surrounding it.

Old 12-12-2009, 12:57 PM

2,184 posts, read 5,552,191 times
Well, thank heaven it didn't SNOW. The temp, for the first time in about a week, in my living room/kitchen area finally went up from an average 40 degrees to 45 this am.

Thank you sky gods for not bringing snow! We had ice on the roads here in Eug yesterday & I thought for sure there would be snow today. Crazy college student drivers don't know how to slow down in this town.

I've learned to appreciate temperature in one degree increments. We can only afford to heat one floor at a time (poor insulation & central heat seems mucked up).

Please, no snow! If it can get to 50 degrees outside, it will warm up inside!

Old 12-12-2009, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahkate_m View Post
Well, thank heaven it didn't SNOW. The temp, for the first time in about a week, in my living room/kitchen area finally went up from an average 40 degrees to 45 this am.

Thank you sky gods for not bringing snow! We had ice on the roads here in Eug yesterday & I thought for sure there would be snow today. Crazy college student drivers don't know how to slow down in this town.

I've learned to appreciate temperature in one degree increments. We can only afford to heat one floor at a time (poor insulation & central heat seems mucked up).

Please, no snow! If it can get to 50 degrees outside, it will warm up inside!
no inside heat??

Old 12-12-2009, 01:53 PM

still.....................waiting..........

no rain
no sleet
no snow

Old 12-12-2009, 02:06 PM

1,657 posts, read 4,484,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahkate_m View Post
....Thank you sky gods for not bringing snow! ....
Please, no snow! .....
But what sacrifice will the gods of the sky and snow demand in repayment?

Tremble in fear, oh ye winter virgins from the lands of Sun. If this be your first winter with ice coated roads, the sky and snow gods may have chosen your ride to be wrinkled and bent.

And, you will be consigned to the Portland Auto Body Repair shops for your purgatory and atonement.

For in the fullness of Winter, the gods of the sky and snow do extract their repayment. And it be a heavy burden the chosen must bear and endure.

Or something like that, maybe......

{sorry, a bit over the top, you think??? }

Phil

Old 12-12-2009, 02:39 PM

899 posts, read 2,943,145 times
philwithabeard
thanks for the good laugh..when i got up this i expected it to white out here in salem and nothing not even a rain drop..the weather man got it sorta wrong but the weekend isn't over yet.......!!!
Its raining now at 1:30 and 34 out so will see what the eve brings.
Later all

Old 12-12-2009, 02:46 PM

2,316 posts, read 7,822,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by philwithbeard View Post
But what sacrifice will the gods of the sky and snow demand in repayment?

Tremble in fear, oh ye winter virgins from the lands of Sun. If this be your first winter with ice coated roads, the sky and snow gods may have chosen your ride to be wrinkled and bent.

And, you will be consigned to the Portland Auto Body Repair shops for your purgatory and atonement.

For in the fullness of Winter, the gods of the sky and snow do extract their repayment. And it be a heavy burden the chosen must bear and endure.

Or something like that, maybe......

{sorry, a bit over the top, you think??? }

Phil
Haha! Brilliant, Phil.

This weather is terrible. I can't wait for the Arctic to take its climate back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oregon > Portland