Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 07:50 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,862,042 times

Advertisements

I know for a fact that this happens. One case was a young woman - about 18 years old who was 300 plus pounds. In fact she was overweight enough that she wasn't having many periods anyway so that wasn't something to notice. She had no idea she was pregnant but she knew she was having some stomach pains - but since she tended to overeat, she thought it was just that. One day her stomach ache got so bad she had to go to the Emergency room - she didn't want her mother to know when they discovered she was in full labor so they simply admitted her overnight, she gave birth and went home telling her mother it was just vaginal bleeding and she needed bed rest a few days, but before going home she signed the baby over for adoption.

Other women will come to the ER with some kind of bad stomach pain and swear they are virgins who don't need a pregnancy test - but the only part they were right about is that they don't need a pregnancy test because they are already 6 or 7 months along.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2010, 08:10 PM

852 posts, read 1,368,097 times
I watch the show, and I believe some of the women, and I don't believe others. It's really outrageous. My husband leaves the room when I have the show on! lol.

Old 07-30-2010, 08:28 PM

1,933 posts, read 3,759,444 times
I know two people in my family that this has happened to. One was a long distance cousin who was going out with this guy and they went to some sleazy motel in Brooklyn to have sex. Well they both got into one of those big heart shaped whirlpool tubs and lets just say the action they got was a baby coming out! Scared the living crap out her and him. Seriously, that girl went nuts and her family had to take care of the baby and she was sent away to live with another member of the family. The weird thing is she was petite and super tiny so how the flip did she not show. All I know is that I heard this from her mom at her husband's funeral cause my mom had asked why she had not seen so and so there!

The next one was my aunt who passed away from cervical cancer. She smoke and drank through out the whole nine months without knowing she was pregnant. She was out food shopping with her eldest daughter when she felt her stomach cramp. Thinking it was bad KFC she went to the bathroom and nothing. So she continued to shop but it got worse. By the time she got to checkout they asked the cashier to call an ambulance. When they got her to the hospital to see if it was her appendix cause they were going to do a renal exam, lo and behold the baby was crowning.

Let me tell you my uncle was shocked when he got to the hospital and was told he was a father for the sixth time.

Old 07-31-2010, 02:05 PM

1,036 posts, read 3,077,145 times
When I was pregnant with my first I knew a woman that this could have happened to. She was smaller built like 5 foot 6 inches but 120-130 pounds or so. I was big as a house and she didn't even start to show till she was 8 months and even then it looked like she gained maybe 10 pounds. She BARELY had a baby bump at all. I looked like I had swallowed a watermelon.
She only knew she was pg because she went to the Dr and had a yearly and he discovered it at 4 months.

Old 07-31-2010, 02:43 PM

1,135 posts, read 2,390,124 times
This happened to a lady I babysat for when I was a teenager.

One day she told her husband she thought she had a really bad case of the flu. She was in so much pain she couldn't stand up and he took her to the ER. A few hours later she delivered a baby girl--- her 4th child. She was obese so she was able to hide the extra baby weight. Not even her mom who lived with her suspected she was pregnant.

Well, it turns out she had been having an affair. The gossip in the neighborhood was that she was in denial about the pregnancy because she knew it would raise suspicions. Her husband had had a vasectomy after their third child was born. Also, she and her husband were blond-haired and blue-eyed and her lover was Middle Eastern with dark hair and eyes.

Well, the baby came out with tan skin, brown eyes and black hair. She got divorced soon after and married her lover, moved to a new town and rarely had contact with her first three children after that.

Old 07-31-2010, 02:49 PM

5,064 posts, read 15,941,267 times
I have my doubts about it. I think a woman has to be seriously overweight not to go a whole nine months without ever showing. I can only wonder what they think all the kicking was, that would be some serious gas to blame it on.

Old 08-01-2010, 02:21 PM

3,872 posts, read 8,727,247 times
Add me to the nonbelievers. I call BS. you don't feel the kicking and hitting for all 6-7 months that the baby is doing it??? pffft. I don't care how calm the baby is, they still move and stretch and kick. Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.

Old 08-01-2010, 05:38 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,296,921 times
I can see how a small percentage of severely overweight women might not know they are pregnant. I doubt it's very common though.

Old 08-01-2010, 10:45 PM

3,872 posts, read 8,727,247 times
not really. I'm overweight. It had nothing to do w/ my being able to FEEL my babies moving. It's not like there's a layer of fat between me and the baby. Between my baby and the outside of the stomach, yes. But I felt them move just like everyone else.

Old 08-02-2010, 10:40 AM

426 posts, read 793,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaMc46 View Post
This happened to a lady I babysat for when I was a teenager.

One day she told her husband she thought she had a really bad case of the flu. She was in so much pain she couldn't stand up and he took her to the ER. A few hours later she delivered a baby girl--- her 4th child. She was obese so she was able to hide the extra baby weight. Not even her mom who lived with her suspected she was pregnant.

Well, it turns out she had been having an affair. The gossip in the neighborhood was that she was in denial about the pregnancy because she knew it would raise suspicions. Her husband had had a vasectomy after their third child was born. Also, she and her husband were blond-haired and blue-eyed and her lover was Middle Eastern with dark hair and eyes.

Well, the baby came out with tan skin, brown eyes and black hair. She got divorced soon after and married her lover, moved to a new town and rarely had contact with her first three children after that.
That's a sad story....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy