Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 09:52 PM

839 posts, read 2,421,616 times

Advertisements

Others here have discussed at length the various medical treatments and techniques available which may help your wife, so I won't try to add anything more to that.

What I will tell you is that my wife had many of the same issues as yours. She did suffer a couple of miscarriages, she did have to undergo treatment for PCOD, she did the whole course of metformin, clomid, and some other things I can't recall the name of.

Ultimately, she gave birth to healthy twin girls... They're four years old now.

After the birth of the twins, her doctor told us that her being able to become pregnant again was doubtful. They told us that even if she were to conceive again, the probability of her carrying that baby to term was slim. They told us a lot of scary, discouraging things....

But you know what?

Just 20 months after the twins were born, she gave birth to yet another healthy baby girl. She had absolutely no help conceiving (except from me) and she had zero complications with her pregnancy. Go figure....

My hypothesis? (Keep in mind I'm not a doctor)

I think that long term hormonal birth control messes with a woman's reproductive system in ways that doctors don't fully understand. I think my wife's body just had to "figure it out", for lack of a better term.

My point is, don't despair. There's more than a good chance that you two will have children. Just keep trying, the trying is the fun part anyway...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2011, 12:56 AM

37,278 posts, read 41,501,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Perhaps you should read some previous posts in the thread.
Sorry, I missed the reference to ectopic pregnancy. You do realize that scar tissue from the wedge resection may have predisposed you to that? That's the very reason Mrs. T. probably should consider medical treatment before surgery.

Quote:
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize that treating her PCOS could help her achieve her pregnancy goals. His wife isn't ovulating because of her PCOS.
Mrs. T. also has a tubal problem that may need to be treated. If both tubes are closed, It does not matter if she ovulates or not. There is no way for the sperm to get to the egg and fertilize it. That's not rocket science either. It's a fact of physiology. That's how a tubal ligation works.

Sure, her PCO needs to be treated, but the tubal condition cannot just be dismissed. I still do not understand why you wish to ignore the tubal issue, which was the reason for the original post. Problems with damaged tubes are the reason that IVF was developed. Treatment of obstructed tubes was never very satisfactory. Success rates were poor and there were a lot of ectopic pregnancies. As IVF pregnancy rates increased, it became obvious that IVF was preferable to tubal surgery for most women with tubal problems. Though IVF is expensive, it turns out to be more economical in the long run than performing a tubal surgery that has a poor success rate in producing a live birth.

The fact remains that ovarian wedge resection can create adhesions in half the women who have it done, and if ovarian surgery is to be recommended for PCO it will more likely be laparoscopic drilling rather than wedge resection.

Even though you are unfamiliar with the specialty of reproductive endocrinology and infertility, its doctors are the experts on all aspects of PCO, and they are qualified to investigate and treat other aspects of infertility, including tubal problems.

Old 02-07-2011, 03:57 PM

621 posts, read 2,329,892 times
Here's an update

Wife had the Xray/dye test. Her left tube is completely open and her uterus shows no sign of any abnormalities.

After he explained the results to my wife and I, he looked at me and said...............I just want to let you know that your semen analysis was eye popping. I was stumped and then he said your sperm count per ML is 212 million and the mobility was outstanding and morphology was great too. he said it's absolutely the best possible scenario that a male could ever hope for.

So my wife goes back on Monday the 14th so they can outline the rest of the process, which is going to be fertility drugs, chlomid.

Old 02-07-2011, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuck91NYG View Post
Here's an update

Wife had the Xray/dye test. Her left tube is completely open and her uterus shows no sign of any abnormalities.

After he explained the results to my wife and I, he looked at me and said...............I just want to let you know that your semen analysis was eye popping. I was stumped and then he said your sperm count per ML is 212 million and the mobility was outstanding and morphology was great too. he said it's absolutely the best possible scenario that a male could ever hope for.

So my wife goes back on Monday the 14th so they can outline the rest of the process, which is going to be fertility drugs, chlomid.

Great results! Keep us posted!

Old 11-14-2011, 05:11 PM

621 posts, read 2,329,892 times
well here's an update:

we went through a several clomid cycles and it didnt work. Went through the injections/ IUI rounds and my wife got an over stimulated ovary. They told us to take the month off (august). So we did. on September 16th, my wife had to take a pregnancy test before we were to begin our last IUI treatment before Invitro. Somehow it showed positive. Yup, the month off of the fertility treatment, she got pregnant. As of right now she is 12 weeks and 2 days pregant. Last Ultrasound showed a heartbeat of 165 bpm.

I've been grinning ear to ear since that day

Old 11-14-2011, 05:23 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,624,845 times
Quote:
well here's an update:

we went through a several clomid cycles and it didnt work. Went through the injections/ IUI rounds and my wife got an over stimulated ovary. They told us to take the month off (august). So we did. on September 16th, my wife had to take a pregnancy test before we were to begin our last IUI treatment before Invitro. Somehow it showed positive. Yup, the month off of the fertility treatment, she got pregnant. As of right now she is 12 weeks and 2 days pregant. Last Ultrasound showed a heartbeat of 165 bpm.

Congratulations!!!

Old 11-15-2011, 12:07 AM

Quote:
well here's an update:

Way to go, Dad!

Old 11-16-2011, 08:35 AM

1,397 posts, read 4,852,687 times
Quote:
As of right now she is 12 weeks and 2 days pregant. Last Ultrasound showed a heartbeat of 165 bpm.

Congrats!!!Best of Luck!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy