Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 06:46 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,477,117 times

Advertisements

So a while back I wrote and told you guys I lost a baby at 15 weeks. Well, now I am 16 weeks along again. The last checkup I had was at 14.5 weeks and so far so good. Anyways, I noticed that this time around my whole body has responded differently. My stomach is much bigger than before. With my son and very first pregnancy 7 years ago, I didn't show until 20 weeks. This time around I started to show at 12 weeks and now I feel huge; probably bigger than I think though. I feel a constant pressure in my stomach and I always feel bloated. I have gained 6 -7 pounds.

With my last pregnancy, the one that ended in a miscarriage, I felt some symptoms up until week 12, but after that it kind of stopped.

I also wonder if any of you had the MaterniT21. What was your experience? They were also able to tell the sex of the baby at 11 weeks. Here is a link.

Maternity Test Reveals More About Unborn Babies Earlier In Pregnancy « CBS Los Angeles

Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2013, 10:32 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,185,790 times
I miscarried early so I didn't feel any symptoms (before the loss). I also had the MaterniT21. I was very excited about that test. As an older mom I was concerned about downs so it really put my mind at ease. When I got the call I was so excited about the news that I hung up the phone without asking about gender! I had to call the lady back. I was excited to hear I was having a girl, but it didn't really matter as long as the baby was healthy. And she is. She's a perfect little chubby bundle of joy.

Congratulations again, Merlot!

Old 07-18-2013, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I miscarried early so I didn't feel any symptoms (before the loss). I also had the MaterniT21. I was very excited about that test. As an older mom I was concerned about downs so it really put my mind at ease. When I got the call I was so excited about the news that I hung up the phone without asking about gender! I had to call the lady back. I was excited to hear I was having a girl, but it didn't really matter as long as the baby was healthy. And she is. She's a perfect little chubby bundle of joy.

Congratulations again, Merlot!
I found out mine ia a girl also !

Old 07-18-2013, 02:47 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,185,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
I found out mine ia a girl also !
If you need any baby girl clothes when the time comes let me know!

Old 07-18-2013, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
If you need any baby girl clothes when the time comes let me know!

I sure will, thanks

Old 07-18-2013, 10:49 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,474,571 times
I had 3 miscarriages in a 2 yr. period of time. With each one I had no pregnancy symptoms like I did with my 3 pregnancies with my sons. When I was pregnant I felt very tired and nauseous. With the pregnancies I lost I didn't have that at all, I had no symptoms and felt no different than normal.

Old 07-20-2013, 04:18 PM

4,273 posts, read 15,250,592 times
I recently miscarried at 7 weeks ... I felt weird during this pregnancy. No other way to describe it. I definitely felt pregnant but there was something about it that felt strange. My first pregnancy I felt great. Minimal nausea. Other than being very tired, it was smooth sailing ... well, until the baby really started growing. Then I got pelvic pain, back pain, and just general annoyance with everything. I just hope for kiddo #2. Then I will feel like our family is complete. Sigh.

Old 07-21-2013, 10:07 AM

I understand what you feel foma. In just want baby # 2 also. I wish now I hadn't waited so long between kids. I'm still so nervous, even though 16 weeks is supposedly in the safe zone but I still don't feel safe.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Old 07-22-2013, 09:44 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,701,290 times
Congratulations on your pregnancy Merlot and I hope everything goes very smoothly. My extremely non-scientific opinion is that you can trust what your body is telling you and that you'll have that sweet baby in your arms before you know it.

Old 07-22-2013, 03:26 PM

1,961 posts, read 4,383,723 times
I hope the rest of your pregnancy continues to go smoothly. I have not had a miscarriage, but I will say that it is hard to compare symptoms as an indicator as how things are going. It is so hard, especially with all of the hormones running through your body, and of course the fear of another miscarriage.

With my first I was sick until about 20 weeks, sore breasts, and every symptom that is typical.

with my twin pregnancy I had no sore breasts, no morning sickness, and aside from being a little more tired, I would have not known I was pregnant in the first trimester had it not been for the u/s I had.

I remember asking my Dr if I should worry that I have had no symptoms of pregnancy. and they assured me that as long as I am not having cramping along with bleeding/spotting not to worry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy