Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2020, 08:14 AM

2 posts, read 919 times

Advertisements

Hello people!

I am 31 years old and I have a question about "trusting" the doctor.
We tried for over 8 months and conceived which ended being ectopic pregnancy, They had to do a surgery and take my one tube out.
After that did a HSG and SIS to find out there a a small polyp at the entrance of my uterus, which might what have delayed and caused the ectopic.

While I plan on getting a surgery to take it out. I have been getting a lot of push from my fertility doctor for IVF. He used my genetic testing as a reason for IVF, where as when i got second opinion fromanother OBGYN , She did confirm it wasn't a critical genetic carryover.
So my plan right now, is to have the polyp removed and try naturally and then try with Clomid. If all of that doesn't work my last option will be IVF.

However my only concern right now is if i still continue with the same doctor for the surgery for polyp removal( same doctor that has been pushing for IVF, he literally has been on our head, telling us you can choose the baby's gender, its the way to go etc etc), Am I risking anything on the surgery because this doctor knows if the polyp is removed it might work for me and he doesnt want it to work for me, (since he wants us to go for IVF)
To be more clear should I be worried about things like "what if the doctor doesn't do the procedure fine and in support of what i want since he wants me to do IVF"

Sorry if my question sounds amateur but a genuine concern
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2020, 08:17 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_SN View Post
Hello people!

I am 31 years old and I have a question about "trusting" the doctor.
We tried for over 8 months and conceived which ended being ectopic pregnancy, They had to do a surgery and take my one tube out.
After that did a HSG and SIS to find out there a a small polyp at the entrance of my uterus, which might what have delayed and caused the ectopic.

While I plan on getting a surgery to take it out. I have been getting a lot of push from my fertility doctor for IVF. He used my genetic testing as a reason for IVF, where as when i got second opinion fromanother OBGYN , She did confirm it wasn't a critical genetic carryover.
So my plan right now, is to have the polyp removed and try naturally and then try with Clomid. If all of that doesn't work my last option will be IVF.

However my only concern right now is if i still continue with the same doctor for the surgery for polyp removal( same doctor that has been pushing for IVF, he literally has been on our head, telling us you can choose the baby's gender, its the way to go etc etc), Am I risking anything on the surgery because this doctor knows if the polyp is removed it might work for me and he doesnt want it to work for me, (since he wants us to go for IVF)
To be more clear should I be worried about things like "what if the doctor doesn't do the procedure fine and in support of what i want since he wants me to do IVF"

Sorry if my question sounds amateur but a genuine concern
You already don't trust your doctor.

There's no need to force yourself to keep seeing someone who views your condition completely differently. "Fit" really does matter when it comes to medical care, and if this guy won't stop talking about IVF when you aren't ready to consider it, then stop seeing him. Can you go to the other OB/GYN?

I'm sorry you've been through this heartbreaking experience.

Old 05-13-2020, 09:35 AM

2,609 posts, read 2,191,390 times
If you don't trust your doctor you need to find another. Minimum get a second or third opinion.

Old 05-18-2020, 08:39 AM

3,024 posts, read 2,241,251 times
I am sorry for your loss.

There are a TON of factors that go into a healthy, successful full-term pregnancy and birth. How are your hormone levels, egg viability, cycle regularity? Any other reasons or medical conditions that may be lowering your odds such as endometriosis, extreme exercise, timing because hubby is deployed?

Any particular reason why you chose to pursue a fertility doctor and genetic testing as opposed to starting with your OBGYN? 8 months is not that long, and you did conceive, so that rules out at least some potential issues. It took us 13 months for our second child, and I was in my 20s and healthy, no problems before or after (surprise)!

Long story short, there is a lot to consider. He may be pushing you toward IVF for the $$$ and higher success statistics. Or, he may be looking at your overall odds given all of the factors above and thinks that this would be faster or less emotionally straining?

In general I do not trust doctors as far as I can throw 'em. So I ask ALL of the questions and the ALL of the information I can to make an informed decision. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy