Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 08:11 PM

4,897 posts, read 18,533,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Danielle* View Post
I don't think I was ever 100% ready...there was always something we were not up to par on...Like finacially...

We always found an issue with why we were not ready...So we both came to the conclusion that we probably would never be 100% ready the way we would want to be. So we said heck with it and started trying...
good for you, i wish you much success--i also wanted to wait for financial reasons, but knew the money would never be enough. we will always find a way to feed and cloth him--even if i have to starve
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2008, 08:17 PM

3,644 posts, read 10,967,219 times
With my son, I found out about 2 weeks after the wedding... I YEARNED for a child though, so there wasn't a question of being "ready". As to financially, unless you're independently wealthy, there's never going to be that "perfect time".

My dh and I discussed (ad nauseum) the type of parents we wanted to be... think Roseanne Barr, but with money.

Old 05-01-2008, 08:58 PM

437 posts, read 632,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5FLgirls View Post
This is the simplest explanation.

All of my children were surprises which in some ways, makes things easier. But now that my "baby" is 16 months old, every time I see a baby, I feel that lust to have one inside of me--to go through all the changes, feeling the baby kick, and holding that newborn close and smelling that perfect baby smell.
I feel that way sometimes and my "baby" is 48.

Old 05-07-2008, 01:10 PM

82 posts, read 378,200 times
I have a 2 year old at home. My husband and I are together for 7 years and then, we got married and then, a year later, we tried for a baby. It just felt like the time was right and that something was "missing" so, we had a daughter. we plan on having another one and will start trying 6 mths later....

Old 05-08-2008, 10:28 AM

4,189 posts, read 3,489,312 times
Right now I don't. I am still young and although I want kids one day I don't think I have the patience. I get very irritated when I hear kids scream and cry and I feel like I still need to "do me." I have enough sense to wait till I want and have the patience for kids.

Old 05-09-2008, 05:54 AM

23,939 posts, read 33,814,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doglover29 View Post
I am meeting with my gyn in a few weeks to discuss this matter further, but I may not be able to carry a child at all.
Have you seen the GYN yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by doglover29 View Post
Anyhow, I wondered: how did you know when the time was right to have a child? What did it feel like to you when you knew you were ready?
When I was "ready" was my late 20's. I already had a son (when I was 20) from a failed marriage and wanted another. This time I knew I wanted one, and since I'd raised one before knew what I was getting into.

Had the 2nd at 28, with a pinched nerve in my back for the end of the pregnancy which thankfully went away. I was pregnant during one of the hottest summers on record, delivering late July.

If heat bothers you, you are better off trying to plan being pregnant if you do try for one.

Old 05-09-2008, 07:14 AM

1,938 posts, read 6,278,521 times
Well, my husband and I were only married 9 months when we decided to try. We were in our early 30's, We never went out since it just was too costly, and we were over that "bar" scene. We became homebodies and then figured it was time. However, you have to REALLY be ready. REALLY REALLY REALLY. We thought we were, and we so weren't! It's the biggest sacrafice you make, and it continues that way. However, the joy that comes with it is so worth every sacrifice you make. It also takes the most patience in the world. Even if you think you are ready, make sure your partner is: Watch closely how they react to different situations, really watch thier patience and see how they respond. If they have a cool, calm demeanor in the most hectic, stressful sitations then Id say he's ready.. but if he gets angry and frustrated with small things, then IMO you should wait.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy