Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 04:57 PM

1,895 posts, read 5,904,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vetegnc View Post
I'd love to see a second interview in about 4 weeks after having them home.
You give ANY mother of twins an interview after 4 weeks, and I bet you'd get the same response, whether they are 26 or 62- "zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz". Twins are an exhausting challenge to anyone, and without knowing this woman (she sounds like she has a lot of humor and spunk, though), I really wouldn't be able to say whether she would be any more or less competent than any other mother of twins. I really don't think that older woman=feeble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2007, 06:30 PM

3,106 posts, read 9,127,834 times
I think it's viewed as a selfish thing because she says she wanted to have children in order for her 7 yr old to have siblings. Well, I'm sorry - I don't know too many 7 yrs old who are interest in newborns, or 10 yr olds interested in playing with their 3 yr old sibling or a 14 yr old wanting to hang with their 7 year old brother. Perhaps they should have tried sooner - a 7 yr gaps seems a little large for siblings to be true companions (at those ages anyway).

The fear in the world of ART (artificial reproductive technology) is that circumstances like this will raise eyebrows and somehow create enough of an uproar that ART will become more legislated. It already is to some extent. For example, will they start telling us that we can only cycle with our eggs up to a certain age? Will they legislate what age is too old? Some people think trying to become a first time parent at 35 is ludicrous! Many IVF clinics have an age cut-off of about 52-55 yrs old to cycle with donor eggs.

While I don't want to judge her, I personally know that I could not become a first-time parent at the age of 60. If I already had children, I would have to think how this decision also impacts them. It's one thing for all of this to occur naturally, especially at younger age, but when you CHOOSE to do something so drastic as this at age 60, I think it's a different game.

Just my personal opinion.

Old 01-07-2008, 03:11 PM

1 posts, read 1,316 times
My Mom gave birth to me at 41. I was always asked if my parents were my grandparents. A couple of years ago my mom, my sister and I got on an elevator and someone thought we were three generations! I'm getting married for the first time to a man who is 38 and I'm 47. We've decided not to have children. I'm not putting a kid through that. I don't care how young you feel...you're not 20 or 30 any more! It's not fair to the kids. You might be calmer and more understanding about things...but there is a reason you are much more furtile at 20 than at 40, it's a little thing called energy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting > Pregnancy