Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 10:09 PM

533 posts, read 1,463,876 times

Advertisements

Well, I was joking, of course. I don't feel the need to hide while driving because I pay attention to the speed limits. I don't feel a need to speed around town for whatever reason. Just not in that big of a hurry. I don't worry about the cameras, static or mobile. I won't get caught as long as I'm paying attention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2011, 12:48 AM

203 posts, read 751,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esenjay View Post
Well, I was joking, of course. I don't feel the need to hide while driving because I pay attention to the speed limits. I don't feel a need to speed around town for whatever reason. Just not in that big of a hurry. I don't worry about the cameras, static or mobile. I won't get caught as long as I'm paying attention.
Maybe you should teach a driver's education course (just joking.)

Well, when going down a wide, well-paved street like Robert Road (at least when it's not torn up,) it's hard not to want to do at least 35, rather than crawl along at 25.

I do believe that there are streets (like Robert) that the city deliberately sets the speed limit too low in order to catch drivers wanting to do the speeds the streets were built to handle.

Robert is the best example of that - but also Glassford from the Kohls through the signal with the cameras on it. That whole stretch should be 45 (like the rest of it going on to 89A.)

Old 07-06-2011, 09:18 AM

533 posts, read 1,463,876 times
I don't think the highway between Prescott and CV should go up to 65. I guess we can find examples of anything if we want to. Fact is the speed limit is posted, just stick within 5 MPH of it and you'll be OK. Cruise control is pretty handy for that.

Old 07-06-2011, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esenjay View Post
I don't think the highway between Prescott and CV should go up to 65.
It is 65, if we're thinking about the same stretch - once you get past the golf course. I drive it 2-3 times a week.

The bad thing is getting stuck behind some idiot doing 55-60 in the 65 zone. That happens more often than I'd like.

Old 07-06-2011, 12:03 PM

128 posts, read 432,181 times
Ah yes. But have you noticed that once they hit the two lane portion of the road they speed up to 70, only to drop back to 50 when the road returns to one lane.

George

Old 07-06-2011, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa3pnt View Post
Ah yes. But have you noticed that once they hit the two lane portion of the road they speed up to 70, only to drop back to 50 when the road returns to one lane. George
OHHHHHHH YEAAAAHHHHH!!!!! I forgot to mention that!

Dirty so-and-so's.

I have a fairly powerful truck, so I can out-race them, but it burns me too that they deliberately try to cut you off so you have to follow them as they creep towards CV.

Old 07-07-2011, 02:17 AM

331 posts, read 957,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Roller View Post
Well, when going down a wide, well-paved street like Robert Road (at least when it's not torn up,) it's hard not to want to do at least 35, rather than crawl along at 25.

I do believe that there are streets (like Robert) that the city deliberately sets the speed limit too low in order to catch drivers wanting to do the speeds the streets were built to handle.

Robert is the best example of that - but also Glassford from the Kohls through the signal with the cameras on it. That whole stretch should be 45 (like the rest of it going on to 89A.)
I completely agree on Robert Rd. There seems to be no continuity whatsoever on posted speed limits. Walker Rd. a mile south of the 69 quickly turns to 50 and drops all the way to 25 once you get into the actual town of Walker. It makes no sense at all. The 50 posted speed limit on Walker Rd. is probably one of the few where I find to be a bit high. I generally do 5-10 over the posted limit when I drive, but it would be quite dangerous on that road with the curves and tiny asphalt shoulder. Also, like Robert Rd., the 25 through and approaching Walker is too low a posted speed limit for a roadway that can safely handle a higher rate of speed.

Old 07-07-2011, 10:58 AM

1,329 posts, read 3,544,176 times
It looks like the torn up part of Robert is going to be four lane. That might encourage some drivers to exceed the limit.

PV was laid out by idiots. They should not have residences directly on a road that was one of the few NS paths. Many, many cities have the residences on a parallel smaller road. Can't think of the right term.

Old 07-07-2011, 11:57 AM

331 posts, read 957,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wretched wrench View Post
It looks like the torn up part of Robert is going to be four lane. That might encourage some drivers to exceed the limit.

PV was laid out by idiots. They should not have residences directly on a road that was one of the few NS paths. Many, many cities have the residences on a parallel smaller road. Can't think of the right term.
Frontage road.

Old 07-07-2011, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wretched wrench View Post
Yep! And I'd be willing to bet the limit stays at 25 even with the new, wide street, rather than increasing it to a more realistic 35.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott