Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 01:32 PM

1,229 posts, read 3,875,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilinpretty View Post
I talked to a lady the other day that got a ticket and she said she will NEVER drive or shop in PV again. Driving in PV makes me so nervous because the speeds change and you don't know if you are driving the right speed. Another woman I talked to received a ticket and she said she was driving with the flow of traffic and she received a ticket, so she thought for sure all the vehicles got a ticket.

I had a similar experience with an acquaintance of mine. They drove through PV and felt so inundated with the photo radar that they said they will never return to PV. As a matter of fact, they were supposed to buy a home in Granville but after their photo radar experience, they said they will live in Prescott.

I guarantee you that the photo radar in PV has cost the town of PV many upon many future residents and business. People refuse to shop there or live there because of the photo radar.

The town needs to rethink this whole photo radar. Instead of Redflex and the photo radar companies making the decisions, it needs to be done in a logical manner, not profit driven. It truly is a police state with big brother watching you, and they make sure you know it with all of their signs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2012, 02:54 PM

203 posts, read 751,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smilinpretty View Post
I talked to a lady the other day that got a ticket and she said she will NEVER drive or shop in PV again. Driving in PV makes me so nervous because the speeds change and you don't know if you are driving the right speed.
I've stated this early in this thread, but will repeat it for anyone who has just joined us...

I understand that if the camera cannot see one's face, the city cannot issue a ticket. They have to know that YOU were driving the vehicle, and not someone else.

So I recommend putting your sun visor down in PV at all times, and also sitting up a little higher in your seat (to make your face less exposed to the camera due to the visor) especially if you know you are approaching a camera.

I've been "flashed" a couple of times when I was distracted and didn't see the mobile unit (PV also tries to sneakily hide them and, of course, puts out no warning signs,) but I've never gotten a ticket.

I realize having the visor down all the time makes vision more difficult - and, hence, driving a bit more - not less- unsafe; but then, photo radar is not about safety, is it? It's about revenue.

Last edited by Low Roller; 02-25-2012 at 03:44 PM..

Old 02-25-2012, 04:50 PM

509 posts, read 1,700,758 times
have an issue with PV and their radar . i do not live in PVor Prescott but i do shop in both towns . what irks me is as i travel down a road and the speed limits change for no apperent reason .
i have a super clean driving record but i feel threatened while driving in PV . so, from now on i will either shop in Prescott . it is too bad as i think PV has shopping that appeals to me . their misuse of posted traffic control speed signs turn me of .

Old 02-25-2012, 07:18 PM

1,329 posts, read 3,545,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DellNec View Post
they were supposed to buy a home in Granville but after their photo radar experience, they said they will live in Prescott.

I guarantee you that the photo radar in PV has cost the town of PV many upon many future residents and business. People refuse to shop there or live there because of the photo radar.
For us, one ticket did not make up our mind. But, the radar traps are just an indicator of the tone of the whole PV city administration. Before buying land and building, we spent a lot of time checking out the communities. PV was so revenue-happy in so many ways that we eliminated PV first. I don't remember the numbers any more, but the fees for this, that and everything were from fantasy land.

The radar was just one of many extortionate policies that caused us to look and buy elsewhere.

Old 03-27-2012, 11:57 PM

Some interesting developments in the photo radar front:

Man who failed to serve traffic tickets sentenced - The Prescott Daily Courier - Prescott, Arizona

Old 03-29-2012, 05:49 PM

203 posts, read 751,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DellNec View Post
He's a regular Winston Smith! God bless him, and I hope some employer who believes in human freedom will hire him for a much better job.

Old 03-31-2012, 04:15 AM

Another visitor who will never return:

Letter: Redflex ticket drives visitor away - The Prescott Daily Courier - Prescott, Arizona

Old 03-31-2012, 04:49 PM

509 posts, read 1,700,758 times
How can anyone explain to me what i encountered in PV today . i was Southbound on Glassford , i turne East on Florentine .within two blocks was a PV SUV with photo radar . i checked my speed and i was doing 30mph . we went to Dennys on Windsong and 69 . on way back i reversed my route and saw speed limit signs poasted for 25mph . Eastbound from Glassford hill there were no posted speed limit signs .
if that is not blatant speed trap then i don't know what is .

Old 03-31-2012, 09:11 PM

1,329 posts, read 3,545,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonie5 View Post
How can anyone explain to me what i encountered in PV today...........
I think you explained it very well. It was a situation intended to collect fines for exceeding the speed limit, whether it was posted or not.

Just one more reason to stay out of PV.

Old 04-01-2012, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonie5 View Post
How can anyone explain to me what i encountered in PV today . i was Southbound on Glassford , i turne East on Florentine .within two blocks was a PV SUV with photo radar . i checked my speed and i was doing 30mph . we went to Dennys on Windsong and 69 . on way back i reversed my route and saw speed limit signs poasted for 25mph . Eastbound from Glassford hill there were no posted speed limit signs .
if that is not blatant speed trap then i don't know what is .
Photo radar/Redflex Industries are in the business to make money. They don't have all of this high-dollar equipment sitting around just to lose money. They need to make money and will do so by employing nefarious ways. This includes speed traps like the one you mentioned. A 25MPH speed limit, without posted signs, is an easy money maker as most people will do AT LEAST 30-35MPH in such an area. The minute they hit 35/36 MPH, they are getting a $200+ ticket in the mail.

Phoenix removed all of its photo radar and PV gladly accepted the photo radar. It's all about money.

What we can do is no longer vote for the PV politicians that push for photo radar. Vote them out of office and things might change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott