Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 06:09 PM

34 posts, read 183,434 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me about Chino Valley, especially the elevation and the vegetation. Is it at an elevation so that the summers are not in the 90s and 100s? And, also because of my allergies to oak trees, pine trees and hay I would like to know if that is the prevaling vegetation as it is in so much of the rest of the surrounding area.

Thanks for any input anyone has.
Biolynx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2006, 08:29 PM

1,929 posts, read 5,915,195 times
Chino is around 5,000 feet. The summers are in the 80's and 90's. The winters are in the 40's and 50's. Chino is fairly windy. As far as vegetation, there are mostly tall grasses and tumbleweeds in the valley and pinon junipers and scrub oak on the slopes. The vegetation is similar throughout the area. There are also pines in the higher elevations outside of Prescott.

Old 10-19-2006, 10:22 PM

84 posts, read 152,285 times
Default An area in Chino Valley

There's a lot of building going on in Prescott Valley when you turn off of State Route 69 on to Glassford Road to get on to 89A to bypass Prescott. Chino Valley is further up past Paulden and 33 miles from Ashfork. Dust storms here, Monsoons galore, sweat and humidity. A little wind amid some relief from the traffic and other things in Chino Valley may be a good tradeoff.

I look at the relative ease I can get somewhere as a big plus for anywhere I may be. Heading to Scottsdale on the 101 at 7:00 AM and being stuck in stop and go traffic for fifteen miles, now how can much of anything can make up for that?
Heading West on the 202 after 230PM and 4 lanes coming to 2 and barely crawl for fifteen minutes isn't exciting either. Going East on Route 6o during rush hour and taking an hour for something that used to be 20 minutes cannot be positively countered by anything.

Old 10-25-2006, 08:15 AM

Biggshomes:
Thanks for your pertinant info on the vegetation. It sounds like Chino Valley would be a killer for me as far as hayfever is concerned. These kinds of facts are so important when considering a move. This BBS has been a godsend of info. Thank again, Biolynx

Old 10-25-2006, 10:57 PM

34 posts, read 40,640 times
One thing I can tell you from growing up in Chino is that the last thing they need is another **** Californian (Kalifornian) to come over to get some good ole country living, and try to change everything, drive like morons, and act like everything is so wrong because they don't find the same ideals as they had in that crap hole of a communist state.

After 10 years of active Army service, two combat tours, a purple heart, and now my resulting disability, I wish nothing more than to move home. Unfortunately thanks to the flood of idiots trying to escape the Californian bed they have made for themselves, my home town is now another wasted bit of space.....

Just my VERY opinionated .02

Ray

Old 10-26-2006, 06:49 AM

436 posts, read 681,398 times
"..try to change everything, drive like morons, and act like everything is so wrong because they don't find the same ideals as they had.." (in California),

Yup, although there's lots of denial, Prescott & Prescott Valley are good examples of what a big influx of Golden State equity can do to an area.

'Everyone's home town'?

Try, 'California's home town'

The 'we love it here's' come a lot from people who immigrated from places with even more traffic and even less breathing room, so yeah - no wonder they love it.

PV/Prescott traffic - it's getting worse all the time. Be in denial about it - it's still fact.

Myself, I'm sickened every time I see an ad with those three or four 'designer dressed' Russ Lyon bottom feeder faces smiling like they won the lotto in those real estate advertisements. Sickening to sell out your community for your own selfish self-aggrandizement. The s__ people do to make a buck.

Don't you just love the shiny new Justin's and cowboy hats on people who's recent past was spent shopping in Nordstrom's?

It takes more than wearing new boots & trading your Range Rover/Lexus for an F-150 to cowboy up.

Last edited by brian_2; 10-26-2006 at 07:15 AM..

Old 10-28-2006, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBH Automotive View Post
One thing I can tell you from growing up in Chino is that the last thing they need is another **** Californian (Kalifornian) to come over to get some good ole country living, and try to change everything, drive like morons, and act like everything is so wrong because they don't find the same ideals as they had in that crap hole of a communist state.

After 10 years of active Army service, two combat tours, a purple heart, and now my resulting disability, I wish nothing more than to move home. Unfortunately thanks to the flood of idiots trying to escape the Californian bed they have made for themselves, my home town is now another wasted bit of space.....

Just my VERY opinionated .02

Ray
Ray:
No problem with your opinion. I can relate to it as far as jerk Californians as I am an old-time Californian (born and raised native of 57 years). And, what has happened to the state with the influx of idiots makes my stomach turn. My home is ruined, too, by out of hand developing, idiots with "ME" attitudes, etc etc. My husband and I just want a little peace like you and others of like mind. Sorry about your disability.
Biolynx

Old 10-31-2006, 11:57 AM

34 posts, read 40,640 times
Well, please don't get me wrong. People move in, people move out, I just hope that you don't let yourselves become a part of the problem. Be mindful of where you are and who you are joining. I myself am moving to a micro town in Ok. We are buying outside of town and have given up our secondary business as to not make a negative impact on those that are already there.
It's true, a new pair of boots and a half ton truck won't make you a part of the real area, or make you welcome. What will make you welcome is to be a part of things, don't try to hold on to what you willingly left, and don't let the others that are making the problem influence you. I really enjoyed going home to see my dad and driving the speed limit through town right next to him just to watch it make those people CRAZY!
That area is at it's breaking point with all the new-comers, and from talking with family there are some pretty serious bad things happening to people that have the "all ME" attitude you spoke of. Amazing how long it can take a fire truck to navigate a small area when it's not motiviated to do so.....

Good luck to you, I hope you make it and do so happily. I also hope your happiness is not at the suffering of others.

Cheers,
Ray

Old 06-05-2007, 03:43 PM

1,198 posts, read 1,529,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIOLYNX View Post

Can anyone tell me about Chino Valley, especially the elevation and the vegetation. Is it at an elevation so that the summers are not in the 90s and 100s? And, also because of my allergies to oak trees, pine trees and hay I would like to know if that is the prevaling vegetation as it is in so much of the rest of the surrounding area.

Thanks for any input anyone has.
Biolynx
It's a very small, tiny town. It doesn't get very hot there and the climate is nice. But there's really nothing to do there, but restuarants and bars. That's the only entertainment there...sorry...

But I go there sometimes, when it karaoke night or just to go dancing on the weekend. But that's it. There's not much there...

Old 03-16-2008, 07:35 PM

1 posts, read 6,718 times
I'm looking at CV for a summer home. Can anyone tell me if the climate and soil are good for growing vegetables and fruit trees? I'm sick of store bought tomatoes that taste like watermelon rind. Another question is do they have wells and if so, how good is the water? Any houses there on solar or wind power? Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott