Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2015, 05:10 PM

32 posts, read 83,696 times

Advertisements

Moving to Prescott or surrounding area Summer 2015 and am starting over. I need EVERYTHING furniture wise.

Is leather a good or bad choice in that climate????

Where can I buy good quality furniture?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2015, 10:55 AM

1,929 posts, read 5,940,108 times
There are a handful of furniture stores around Prescott. Just google Furniture Prescott. If you can't find it here, you can always go down to Phoenix to look.

Leather is mostly a personal choice. Assuming that you use the heat and a/c, the outside climate doesn't make much difference.

Old 01-16-2015, 12:03 PM

404 posts, read 769,698 times
I brought out almost nothing when I moved here. A few thoughts and recommendations:
  • Second Hand Man was recommended for neat older stuff - not necessarily cheap, but decent quality. I haven't bought anything there.
  • Joe's Furniture - went in ready to buy, was ignored by sales staff and haven't set foot in there for over 10 years.
  • Finicky Furniture - in PV, used, varying quality - kinda spendy for used (I thought).
  • 6468 Frontage Rd. - in PV. Changed hands multiple times. Still a furniture place I think (no idea what it's called now). Bought my dining room table, chairs, and favorite couches there. Love the couches - not sure what I'll do when they have to be replaced.
  • Ashley Furniture - by the mall in Prescott - big box store, great finance deals but maybe varying quality. Some people hate them. I've had fine experiences with the Ashley stores in Phoenix.
  • World Market - by the mall in Prescott - If I were buying a dining room table, I'd probably buy it there. Also some unique furniture for family/living rooms and other situations. It pays to be flexible on when to buy - their furniture can be discounted as much as 75% from list.
  • Mattress & Furniture Gallery (PV) - It's been a very long time, but I recall being happy with the purchase experience here. Got a basic mattress and box springs.
  • Costco - Can have great prices and high quality, but limited selection and most of it will have to be shipped.

Unfortunately, many of the furniture stores around here don't last long. Guess it's a tough racket to be in or the barrier to entry is too low.

As Brian alluded, lots of furniture stores in Phoenix, and you'll see advertisements on TV frequently for them. I have some friends that are going down to Phoenix and planning to spend three days just looking at furniture. There are just a ton of stores down there. You would be hard-pressed to not find something between Prescott and Phoenix. Just make sure you read reviews of the companies and have an understanding of delivery charges ahead of time. You'll almost certainly be better off trying to get most of your furniture from one company - especially if buying in Phoenix.

With regards to leather - love it in the car, wouldn't care for it in the home. And as Brian alluded - mostly personal choice - no real significant unique environmental factors for or against.

Old 01-16-2015, 03:57 PM

1,329 posts, read 3,550,186 times
Leather is damaged by perspiration. I ruined a good chair by taking my necessary and frequent breaks from outside work while still sweaty. I now have throw covers over my "break" chair.

Dog toenails can hurt leather, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
View detailed profiles of: