Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 09:50 PM

1,329 posts, read 3,537,096 times

Advertisements

If you live in Cottonwood, and want to drive to Prescott, it is a snake trail drive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2013, 12:49 AM

8 posts, read 25,913 times
I was in the citizen's police academy in Cottonwood. I learned that, per capita, Cottonwood has a worse meth problem than Phoenix. I know the dark side. Appearances are deceptive.
As with anything, knowledge is power. Continue to research, weigh the pros and cons and make an informed decision.
Wishing you the best!!

Old 04-04-2013, 09:11 AM

1,329 posts, read 3,537,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenaHanbasket View Post
... per capita, Cottonwood has a worse meth problem than Phoenix.
Yeah, small towns have more meth problems all across the country.

Old 04-09-2013, 10:12 PM

33 posts, read 176,151 times
Default Cottonwood?

You're probably right about Prescott. Has a lot more going there than in Cottonwood. After having learned a lot more about Prescott the last few days..I am tending to lean towards that choice. I already made reservations at a hotel in Cottonwood...and it doesn't seem to be all that far of a drive to Prescott. I can still cancel my reservations and opt for staying in Prescott instead during my visit to be closer to where I need to go. I'll sleep on it a couple days see what happens. I have until the 21st to cancel. Thanks for the info.

Old 04-10-2013, 07:53 AM

3,607 posts, read 7,915,344 times
>it doesn't seem to be all that far of a drive to Prescott.

It's not far to Prescott...if you drive the slow, windy road up through Jerome. Don't estimate your driving time at 60 mph.

Old 04-10-2013, 10:15 AM

13,212 posts, read 21,818,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by talenthunter View Post
You're probably right about Prescott. Has a lot more going there than in Cottonwood. After having learned a lot more about Prescott the last few days..I am tending to lean towards that choice. I already made reservations at a hotel in Cottonwood...and it doesn't seem to be all that far of a drive to Prescott. I can still cancel my reservations and opt for staying in Prescott instead during my visit to be closer to where I need to go. I'll sleep on it a couple days see what happens. I have until the 21st to cancel. Thanks for the info.
Be sure to visit both towns as they're completely different experiences. Prescott has almost four-times the population as Cottonwood (40K, versus 11K) and seems like a large city by comparison. Personally I like the charm of smaller desert towns like Cottonwood where you can drive across town at any time of the day and not worry about traffic gridlock, know (practically) everybody in town, etc. By contrast Prescott is a bit of a yuppy hell complete with BMW's, soccer moms congesting the streets, etc. If I was going to raise kids, I'd pick Prescott. But as a semi-retired artistic person, I personally would rather spend my time in Cottonwood.

Old 04-15-2013, 10:08 AM

32 posts, read 73,921 times
We looked in Cottonwood and the Verde Valley before deciding on and moving to Prescott, which we love by the way. If you visit Cottonwood and then Prescott you will become aware of the differences quickly I suspect. Best of luck in your search. This forum is a great place to mine data and get ideas the people are very helpful.

Old 04-25-2013, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rational1 View Post
>it doesn't seem to be all that far of a drive to Prescott.

It's not far to Prescott...if you drive the slow, windy road up through Jerome. Don't estimate your driving time at 60 mph.

Take I-17 S. to Exit 278 Cherry Road (SR169) cut off. Easy Peasy. The only way used to be via Jerome or Cordes. The "new" (okay, not new but did not used to be there. I'm old, lol) Cherry road cut off is great! Back in the day, Cherry road was a narrow dirt road and yes, that road still exists, but they made a nice, 4 lane, paved road and the speed limit is 65 most of the way in to junction 69.

If you're not in a rush, going over Mingus Mountain is a wonderful drive. Love it on a motorcycle in the summertime!

Old 05-30-2014, 10:31 AM

6 posts, read 11,555 times
Wink Crime Stats

I ran the crime stats for the area from Chino Valley east to Sedona. There were two "crimes" an arrest on a warrant in Chino Valley and a "traffic stop" in West Sedona--this crime wave happened in the last 6 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenaHanbasket View Post
Unemployment, Welfare, Illegals, Poverty and crime central.

I was born and raised there and I had to move away and return to visit to see it for what it had become. It saddened me to see the illegals, meth heads, total low class really skanky people. The Murders and all of the druggies. I loved that place. Now all I love is my memories of the "good ol' days".

Old 06-10-2023, 02:36 PM

I can't figure out how to edit my posts that I put up years ago. Now it's the wine Mecca of the universe here and the cost of living has pretty much tripled since 2015. I moved back here in 2015. It's not the Verde Valley or Cottonwood that I used to know & love, and I miss the old Cottonwood. But I will say that it seems like it has cleaned itself up some. Things have changed and I believe, improved in ways, but I could do without all the wineries and breweries on every corner and the 2000 and upward for rent. If you come here make sure you have an established job and you make good money or you won't make it. Also because of the overcrowding now, actual housing is very difficult to find - so of course they know that they can charge whatever they want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott