Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 10:39 AM

48 posts, read 215,546 times

Advertisements

I may be missing something but is there a link or a certain area on this website where houses are listed forsale?

We are coming out again next month for some house shopping, and already have a realtor that we have used the last couple of visits there, but we just haven't seen alot of listings that peak our interest yet. So far we have about 10 houses lined up to view next month. Any places on here that could lead me to other possibilites? Thanks in advance. Cheers, Larry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2007, 12:37 PM

3,632 posts, read 16,182,336 times
Have you checked out realtor.com?

Old 10-24-2007, 01:29 PM

Yes thank you. We are just trying to cover all bases before the trip next month. Really trying to nail a house down on this trip and put a down payment on it. The last 2 years of flying out to Arizona have become rather expensive as plane tickets seem to be getting more expensive This will be our 3rd trip this year.

It doesn't help that we are picky too My wife was thinking there might be a forsale section on here when she signed up,,,and I thought I have read people mention they have a house on the market here,,,,I would be interested in hearing about any of them.

We do alot of driving around as well just scoping different areas. Any good ideas or places to check out? Neighborhoods or complex we should look for? I should say not interested in HOA please. Prefer something on about 2 acres or very close. Even more would be nice.

Thanks for the response

Old 10-24-2007, 01:36 PM

24,529 posts, read 26,081,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdJones View Post
I may be missing something but is there a link or a certain area on this website where houses are listed forsale?

We are coming out again next month for some house shopping, and already have a realtor that we have used the last couple of visits there, but we just haven't seen alot of listings that peak our interest yet. So far we have about 10 houses lined up to view next month. Any places on here that could lead me to other possibilites? Thanks in advance. Cheers, Larry.
Firebird,
Try the Classified section in the drop down (Forum Jump) menu on the bottom of the screen.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/classified-ads/

Old 10-24-2007, 01:41 PM

Ah ha,,,,thank you very much. Where did you find it? I must be looking in the wrong place on here. For now the link will work though,,,,,,thankyou.

Old 10-24-2007, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdJones View Post
Ah ha,,,,thank you very much. Where did you find it? I must be looking in the wrong place on here. For now the link will work though,,,,,,thankyou.
Firebird,
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and you will see the Forum Jump. Click on it and you will see all the different forums CD offers.

Another thing you can do is click on the underlined City Data Forum in the top left hand corner of the page and you will get a listing of all the forums.

Maybe Biggshomes or others will weigh in.

Old 10-24-2007, 03:08 PM

2,203 posts, read 9,332,272 times
Firebird - All the homes listed on our local MLS could also be viewed on Realtor.com. Also, many of us also have search features on our own websites that offer a few more pictures of the listings. If you're looking for FSBO's (for sale by owner), probably the best place to check would be the classifed section of the Daily Courier Newspaper or maybe the Sun Shopper. You can access the Daily Courier online, which is really helpful. Friday is the special real estate section, so that's usually one of the best days to check. Also the Sunday edition.

Try to be really specific with your agent about what you're looking for in a home. We've got a LOT of homes on the market right now, so your agent should be able to help you find something that will be "perfect" for you.

The best to you on your upcoming move to Prescott. I hope you'll love it here as much as I do!

Old 10-24-2007, 03:54 PM

Good ideas Gretchen.

Old 10-24-2007, 04:58 PM

Thanks for the help Motormaker. I will scroll around and see what pops up. We do indeed use realtor.com and thats where most of the houses are found, then we turn them into our realtor in Prescott and he gives us more information/details, then go from there. He has our criteria, and he has his own list of houses he is representing as well.

Wow Gretchen,,,,that is great information that helps a ton. My wife is online right now checking one of them, and she remembers looking in there before. We need to keep a closer eye on it though.

Hoping to put a down payment on something next month, we have made enough trips out there already,,,lol. We are excited to even think a warmer climate is in our future. Thanks for the kind words.

Old 10-24-2007, 05:22 PM

611 posts, read 2,310,877 times
I think that based upon what you are looking for (lots of land with home and very large garage), I would actually consider just buying land and building what you want because from what we've seen here in AZ you'll only find what you're looking for "out in the country" or in a custom home neighborhood. Are you considering that too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott