Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 11:19 PM

6 posts, read 21,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fengxg View Post
Prescott has very nice weather. However, the town seems a little run-down. The downtown park looks like a dumpster place. The north side and east is good.
Thank you for this information! I would actually love to check out the bad areas along with the good ones so i know what I'm getting myself into before I make a move. I appreciate the honesty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2014, 10:25 AM

1,627 posts, read 3,220,983 times
Living in Southern California for 34 years of my life..driving through areas that you pray you will come out alive and that is no joke, the bad areas are not all that bad but perhaps drug infested compared to other areas.

Old 01-13-2014, 10:26 AM

174 posts, read 397,200 times
Here is a video that may be of interest to you. It is from the Prescott Chamber of Commerce and as said, between Prescott and Prescott Valley there is a huge amount of hiking and biking trails.

Prescott's Great Outdoors - YouTube

There is a lot of info. on the Prescott Chamber of Commerce website showing activities and things to do.

Prescott Arizona Chamber of Commerce

Here is a link to the city calendar for things happening in March.

Events - City of Prescott, Arizona

One place I would suggest to make the drive to, is "Jerome" small little town "on the side of the mountain" very cool with different things to see. It is about a 30 minute drive and an easy day trip. Stop by the "Haunted Hamburger" for lunch.

Jerome Arizona

This may give you some ideas for places to see or do while here and can also give you an idea on what to expect if you were to move here. Hope this helps and feel free to continue with the questions.

-Trent

Old 01-13-2014, 10:28 AM

174 posts, read 397,200 times
Some of you were curious about different rankings. Not sure who beat Prescott on some of these, but here are some of the rankings Prescott has received.

Prescott Arizona Chamber of Commerce | Prescott Rankings

-Trent

Old 01-13-2014, 09:17 PM

2,491 posts, read 2,684,433 times
Visited Prescott in October to see my daughter. The Granite Dells out by the lakes were some of the best/most unusual hiking I have ever done. And the old railway, now a bike trail gave great access.
Beautiful area!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentBeaver View Post
Here is a video that may be of interest to you. It is from the Prescott Chamber of Commerce and as said, between Prescott and Prescott Valley there is a huge amount of hiking and biking trails.

Prescott's Great Outdoors - YouTube

There is a lot of info. on the Prescott Chamber of Commerce website showing activities and things to do.

Prescott Arizona Chamber of Commerce

Here is a link to the city calendar for things happening in March.

Events - City of Prescott, Arizona

One place I would suggest to make the drive to, is "Jerome" small little town "on the side of the mountain" very cool with different things to see. It is about a 30 minute drive and an easy day trip. Stop by the "Haunted Hamburger" for lunch.

Jerome Arizona

This may give you some ideas for places to see or do while here and can also give you an idea on what to expect if you were to move here. Hope this helps and feel free to continue with the questions.

-Trent

Old 01-15-2014, 06:33 PM

1,665 posts, read 2,950,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby3216 View Post
Thank you for this information! I would actually love to check out the bad areas along with the good ones so i know what I'm getting myself into before I make a move. I appreciate the honesty.
Keep in mind some folks want to keep people away so they will make negative comments to keep people away because they do not want more people in Prescott.

Old 01-22-2014, 10:43 AM

404 posts, read 767,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by autism360 View Post
Keep in mind some folks want to keep people away so they will make negative comments to keep people away because they do not want more people in Prescott.
Indeed. And although Granite Creek Park does seem to have a negative reputation (deserved or otherwise), I used to ride through it every day on my bicycle, sometimes multiple times per day, and never felt unsafe. I probably wouldn't make it a habit of going there past dusk or before dawn unless I had a few other people with me, but otherwise there were always other people around.

Old 01-22-2014, 11:17 AM

1,329 posts, read 3,542,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by like-2-hike View Post
Indeed. And although Granite Creek Park does seem to have a negative reputation (deserved or otherwise), I used to ride through it every day on my bicycle, sometimes multiple times per day, and never felt unsafe. I probably wouldn't make it a habit of going there past dusk or before dawn unless I had a few other people with me, but otherwise there were always other people around.
I agree. Daylight only.

I walk our large dog there while my wife shops nearby, and see unsavory-looking people, but they stay clear, and I really don't know how dangerous they are, anyway.

A while back, at night, we were walking the dog, and three men appeared to be approaching us, in a sort of flanking movement. I alerted the dog, and he lunged and woofed in all directions, and they split. Don't know if they were just panhandlers or what, but that made up our mind to stay away at night.

Old 01-28-2014, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilinpretty View Post
Living in Southern California for 34 years of my life..driving through areas that you pray you will come out alive and that is no joke, the bad areas are not all that bad but perhaps drug infested compared to other areas.
ha ha ha this is a good point. I'm also pretty sure that every area has some bad parts... Santa Rosa (my current home) definitely has some bad areas as well.

Old 01-28-2014, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by like-2-hike View Post
Im asking because your name is "like-to-hike", but do you have a favorite trail or hiking spot in the area? I would like to check out the trails in march while Im there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott