Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2015, 11:06 AM

15,253 posts, read 12,997,615 times

Advertisements

I found a number of custom home builders in Prescott by Googling. However, I have no confidence that any of them can tackle the kind of project I have in mind. Mostly they seem to do lower-end houses ($250-$350k) with (please forgive me) kitschy Western styling. Peeled logs used as pillars or protruding from the side of the house? That's right out.

I'd like to talk to builders who aren't stylistically limited to Southwestern, Santa Fe or Ranch style homes. I don't have a site yet but expect this to be a drawn-out process and would like to interview builders.

Any recommendations? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2015, 01:35 PM

558 posts, read 976,420 times
Laipple Construction is building an architect-designed craftsman-style home in my neighborhood right now. I have no experience with them (my builder died with the real estate crisis) but the owner of this new home seems happy so far.

Old 04-23-2015, 04:20 PM

404 posts, read 767,322 times
I can't recommend him from personal experience as I suspect he's far above what I can afford, but I was quite intrigued at what Michael Frerking was doing:

Living Systems, Sustainable Architecture and Building Group

I did interview him for a small-ish remodel project and my only objection was that he was evasive with numbers - he wanted me to pay $1000 or more for a document (that by the sounds of it was not a set of plans for permitting, but an overview of what he would do). It's entirely possible there was a communication gap between us, or perhaps this is typical of custom home builders who specialize in ultra energy-efficient homes.

Good luck and please update us with what you decide on - at some point many years down the road I hope to be in your position...

Old 04-23-2015, 04:30 PM

266 posts, read 281,978 times
We are currently building using John Nanke Signatue Group. Long time family builder. His brother Todd is an amazing designer. Recommended without reservation.

Most of their homes are in the upper 6 figures to over $3M.

Some of their work can be seen on their website: Moms Custom Homes

Old 04-24-2015, 06:02 PM

1,204 posts, read 1,980,434 times
Anyone do 25k homes?

Old 04-30-2015, 04:36 PM

32 posts, read 74,132 times
We used Bison Builders out of Prescott Valley. Our home is not southwestern style and they build in the range you are talking about. If you can't find there number I can find it for you, I know I have it somewhere. They built our home three years ago.

Old 04-30-2015, 07:59 PM

15,253 posts, read 12,997,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southwesthiker View Post
We used Bison Builders out of Prescott Valley. Our home is not southwestern style and they build in the range you are talking about. If you can't find there number I can find it for you, I know I have it somewhere. They built our home three years ago.
I think it might be Bison Developers -- Steve Cordero.

Looking for a Builder

Thanks for the recommendation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott