Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2015, 01:50 PM

4 posts, read 4,093 times

Advertisements

Hi all, new to forums so please don't hate. I recently visited this wonderful place and fell in love. Just looking for some views and input from you great people.
Me and my wife are talking of possible future plans of moving from England to Arizona. We both have good qualifications, I own a electrical company and am fully qualified to the highest standards with 10 years expireance. She is qualified in the beauty and therapy industry and is certified to teach at collage and university in this scope.
We have a house here we could rent out with a income of $600 per month and would be able to invest $50.000 into a house in pv so would require a morgate of $$100.000 on a house we've seen, our credit rating here is the highest level and we have no debt what so ever. Are electricians in demand there? And is the wadge good?
Kind regards and thanks
Sean.
P.s you people we met in Arizona are amazing and the ldscapes have made us fall in love
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2015, 02:23 PM

9,317 posts, read 21,037,554 times
1st step, is to get a working Visa (Unless one or both of you have US Citizenship)

Getting a VISA as a electrician is a Long Shot,

It not a "Special" skill that a employer is go thru the work of getting a E1x visa for you.

You can "Buy" a visa, but that requires a $1 million USD investment in a business.

Old 11-01-2015, 02:26 PM

2,563 posts, read 3,692,212 times
PV = Paradise Valley? I'm not sure there are any houses in PV for $150K that are fit for human habitation. But keep in mind, PV is just a part of the Phoenix area. And somewhere in Phoenix or its suburbs, you might find a house for $150K.

Your bigger problems are what kind of visa you're going to get and finding work. Figure all that out and the rest will fall into place.

Old 11-01-2015, 02:30 PM

Thanks, I was looking a house in quaileood Dewey just outside of pv, think it's a long shot but I want a better life and like the dream. Definetly going to try and approach a visor

Old 11-02-2015, 08:31 AM

1,929 posts, read 5,931,620 times
Unfortunately, you will not likely find a decent house (not a fixer-upper) in Prescott Valley or Dewey for $150K. I'm not sure when you visited, but $175K-$185K is more realistic right now for a small, move-in ready home.

It sounds like you are doing well in England with a paid-off home and $50K in savings. Why give that up for a complete unknown?

Old 11-02-2015, 09:48 AM

15,253 posts, read 13,013,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BriansPerspective View Post
It sounds like you are doing well in England with a paid-off home and $50K in savings. Why give that up for a complete unknown?
Fresh air, Brian, in so many senses of the term.

True, I'm not the OP and I'm only speculating, but I cannot imagine two dissimilar cultures than Arizona, the land of freedom, and England.

England has a sick culture. Look up the Rotherham scandal if you want to know what I mean. If you think political correctness has run amok in the States, the English have taken it to a new low.

I love visiting England as my ancestors come from there, but there's a persistent malaise among the populace, a sense of "We are no longer a great empire", even a feeling of inferiority. One cabbie told me Concorde was one of the very few things they could be proud of.

Come to Arizona, OP, for the spectacular sunsets, the incredible scenery, the fresh air, the friendly people and the boundless opportunity. It's the land of second chances.

Old 11-02-2015, 09:56 AM

7,511 posts, read 4,373,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
Fresh air, Brian, in so many senses of the term.

True, I'm not the OP and I'm only speculating, but I cannot imagine two dissimilar cultures than Arizona, the land of freedom, and England.

England has a sick culture. Look up the Rotherham scandal if you want to know what I mean. If you think political correctness has run amok in the States, the English have taken it to a new low.

I love visiting England as my ancestors come from there, but there's a persistent malaise among the populace, a sense of "We are no longer a great empire", even a feeling of inferiority. One cabbie told me Concorde was one of the very few things they could be proud of.

Come to Arizona, OP, for the spectacular sunsets, the incredible scenery, the fresh air, the friendly people and the boundless opportunity. It's the land of second chances.
Outstanding! That's probably why they want to leave England. I would hope that they would embrace our culture and not want to change it into the one they just left. Otherwise they have no business moving in the first place.

Old 11-02-2015, 12:29 PM

i am born and bread in England. It's not a very nice place. And if I did move there I would accept you culture fine and respect it. You culture is the pure reason I wish to move there asqell as the wonderful surroundings, all the Americans I met seemed warming to my accent and did not come across any hostile people. Is outsiders a concern for Americans??

Old 11-02-2015, 12:37 PM

9,317 posts, read 21,037,554 times
No, We love outsider who come to our country legally, and contribute to the betterment of our country.

Have you looked into getting a Visa?

Old 11-02-2015, 01:04 PM

I am gonna visit around another five times to assure it is the correct desicion and then would apply for a visa, I'm hoping I would be a lucky person and gain entree but from what I gather it's very difficult , I love hard work and am hoping my success would be proof of that and show as a positive.
Hopefully back out for chrostmas and can see Sedona with snow or even the dells
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott