Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2008, 11:24 AM

1 posts, read 3,662 times

Advertisements

I am planning to move to Prescott, AZ. I would like to live close to the 'down town' area; within a couple of miles or less of the Courthouse area. Is anyone familiar w/ these neighborhoods? Are there homes available for purchase in these areas on a regular basis or are they hard to come by? Thanks! Sharon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2008, 06:16 PM

2,203 posts, read 9,331,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonbhc View Post
I am planning to move to Prescott, AZ. I would like to live close to the 'down town' area; within a couple of miles or less of the Courthouse area. Is anyone familiar w/ these neighborhoods? Are there homes available for purchase in these areas on a regular basis or are they hard to come by? Thanks! Sharon
Sharon - there are usually at least some homes available pretty much all the time in the area you describe. The most difficult to find (and the priciest) are homes in the Historic District. However, there are some other nice neighborhoods that aren't quite as pricey. I would say, though, that really nice well-priced homes within walking distance of Courthouse Square are probably some of the more difficult homes to find in the Prescott area.

Old 03-08-2008, 04:45 PM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 7,026,946 times
Smile Absolutely

Gretchen is right...there are many areas near downtown Prescott with lovely homes of varying size and prices, but you will pay the price compared to other areas outside of town. Land is almost non-existent anymore in Prescott so homes in Prescott come at a premium...although right now the real estate market is floundering here somewhat, as it is anywhere, so you might be able to find a nice property for a reasonable price at this time. It's worth the trouble looking, though. You can't find a lovlier town to call "home".

Old 03-09-2008, 09:40 AM

1,929 posts, read 5,930,369 times
Default Downtown Properties

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharonbhc View Post
Hi Sharon,

There are over 50 properties within a mile of the courthouse. They range in price from $125K to $1.25M. Surely you can find something that suits your needs.

Cheers,
Brian

Old 03-09-2008, 03:13 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,176,030 times
Compared to; say, Arlington, Va. Prescott with one mile of the Courthouse is a bargain and I will leave it at that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
View detailed profiles of: