Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2020, 11:55 PM

1,665 posts, read 2,945,139 times

Advertisements

Hi I noticed that land prices in Chino Valley were selling at around 10,000 per acre for a long time, recently however I have noticed that they are now closer to 15,000 per acre. Does anyone know if there something specific that caused the change or are the prices heading higher simply because home prices are increasing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2020, 08:02 AM

4,021 posts, read 1,795,870 times
More people heading this way. Anticipated supply and demand. Arizonians are (and have been) jacking up home prices, figuring that the Californians will pay more due to not knowing the real value. As a recent arrival, I experienced it personally and I have many friends moving here who are too. A couple were actually told by their realtor that homeowners are inflating prices hoping the Cali transplants will bite. A lot are if you look at the activity on Zillow.....

Just human nature I think.......?

Old 11-17-2020, 12:20 PM

52 posts, read 70,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
More people heading this way. Anticipated supply and demand. Arizonians are (and have been) jacking up home prices, figuring that the Californians will pay more due to not knowing the real value. As a recent arrival, I experienced it personally and I have many friends moving here who are too. A couple were actually told by their realtor that homeowners are inflating prices hoping the Cali transplants will bite. A lot are if you look at the activity on Zillow.....

Just human nature I think.......?
That's the thing we want to try and avoid. If things work out, we will be living in the PV area this time next year but some of these prices I see on Zillow and the like are just crazy.

Old 11-22-2020, 09:36 AM

1,665 posts, read 2,945,139 times
306-44-023Z 100,000 2 ACRES

306-44-023T 190,000 2.21 ACRES

306-44-023Y 250,000 6.3 ACRES

306-44-030A 82,000 2 ACRES

Land in Chino in 2006-9 was selling for crazy money, I looked up some parcels next to mine (see above) and cannot help but wonder if it will happen again with the current housing crisis?

Old 12-13-2020, 04:43 PM

18 posts, read 18,155 times
It looks like the Business park is open for business in Chino valley and if they get a few businesses to set up shop Chino Valley could turn into a pretty big deal especially since many businesses seem to be anxious to leave our next door neighbor california. Prices in Chino are currently around 15-20 thousand per acre but were over 40,000 per acre see above post showing actual parcel numbers

Quote:
Old Home Manor Industrial Park in Chino Valley is soon to become Northern Arizona’s premier location for business development. Support infrastructure is being constructed for this 200 business development site that will accommodate the space and utility needs of most any company. The Arizona Commerce Authority has approved Old Home Manor Industrial Park as a Bronze Certified Site indicating that this site has met the stringent criteria to become one of Arizona’s top buildable locations for all types of businesses

Old 12-16-2020, 12:07 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,874,414 times
I dont see Chino changing that much in the near future. People have been saying for a long time that it's going to grow like crazy but it's still pretty rural and there just isn't much there. It's been this way for years and years. Also, most of the people moving to Chino and PV are retirees that dont really contribute much to the community. Why would a bunch of businesses move to an area where everyone is retired? Not much of a workforce to choose from. Also, retirees dont typically spend much money. No spending means no businesses.

Old 12-16-2020, 04:59 AM

3,407 posts, read 4,627,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTY483 View Post
I dont see Chino changing that much in the near future. People have been saying for a long time that it's going to grow like crazy but it's still pretty rural and there just isn't much there. It's been this way for years and years. Also, most of the people moving to Chino and PV are retirees that dont really contribute much to the community. Why would a bunch of businesses move to an area where everyone is retired? Not much of a workforce to choose from. Also, retirees dont typically spend much money. No spending means no businesses.
Chino Valley is a stagnating town. Too many NIMBYs in the area prevent the area to grow, PV on the other hand is growing.

Old 12-16-2020, 09:08 AM

4,021 posts, read 1,795,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTY483 View Post
Also, retirees dont typically spend much money. No spending means no businesses.
Au contraire. At least the retirees coming over from Cali are spending LOTS of money buying toys, building new homes, remodeling older houses, traveling. They have, and spend, waaay more money than the average younger family. And that will not stop.

Old 12-17-2020, 08:18 AM

894 posts, read 2,201,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hschlick84 View Post
Chino Valley is a stagnating town. Too many NIMBYs in the area prevent the area to grow, PV on the other hand is growing.
I disagree. Chino Valley is indeed stagnant regarding new businesses. However, homes are still popping up at a steady rate.

Old 12-21-2020, 04:59 PM

479 posts, read 801,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
Au contraire. At least the retirees coming over from Cali are spending LOTS of money buying toys, building new homes, remodeling older houses, traveling. They have, and spend, waaay more money than the average younger family. And that will not stop.
Agreed. While the CV area isn't my cup of tea, there's no doubt that CA folks are spending $$ on a variety of levels. I'll be one of them starting next week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott