Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2008, 07:53 AM

82 posts, read 246,339 times

Advertisements

I,m a single retired man with a small income . I'm looking to relocate to the Prescott area from out of state. I hear alot of talk about Prescott Valley and Chino valley. I refer a rurall area and was wondering about other surrounding areas like Dewey-Humbolt?
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2008, 05:46 AM

2,255 posts, read 5,398,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Mcconnell View Post
I,m a single retired man with a small income . I'm looking to relocate to the Prescott area from out of state. I hear alot of talk about Prescott Valley and Chino valley. I refer a rurall area and was wondering about other surrounding areas like Dewey-Humbolt?
Thanks
You may also want to consider Paulden for wide open spaces. It's North of Chino Valley and I believe because it is further out from Prescott , the prices of land and homes should be cheaper.

Definitely has more wide open spaces though. Chino Valley & Prescott Valley have been growing for years , so the views in those areas will be cluttered with more development. I believe this would be the same for Dewey-Humbolt. Though you really may get a better response from Biggs Real Estate or Gretchen if they see this thread.

Old 06-30-2008, 08:37 AM

Location: In the North Idaho woods, still surrounded by terriers
2,179 posts, read 7,020,231 times
I've lived here for 23 years now (Chino Valley)...there are still some open spaces in Chino and Paulden and also Dewey-Humboldt. It's just up to your particular preferences. There are great views of Mingus Mountain and Granite Mountain and even the San Francisco peaks from most of Chino & Paulden. Paulden has not developed as much yet but will catch up soon., right now you still have to drive a ways for groceries and services. Chino is mostly on acreage, although there are a couple of new tracts, which most of us hate but it's all about $$$.

Good luck to you and welcome!

Old 06-30-2008, 09:32 AM

1,929 posts, read 5,919,228 times
Hi Dan,

What would you like to know about Dewey-Humboldt? In general, the area is rural and residents prefer to keep it that way. Most of the parcels are 1-2 acres. There are a few larger and a few smaller. With few exceptions, parcels rely on well water and septic systems. Depending on where the parcel is, the well can be a good producer or may not produce at all. There are a few areas where residents haul water. A raw parcel of land will cost you $50K-$150K depending on the size and where it is located. A parcel with a manufactured home on it will run $125K-$200K. There are some less and some more expensive, but that is a good range to consider.

Cheers,
Brian

Old 06-30-2008, 02:43 PM

2,203 posts, read 9,323,141 times
The previous posters have all given you good info about Prescott areas. Most of our rural areas are 2-acre minimums, although you'll find some areas that are larger parcels. Coyote Springs outside of Prescott Valley is one with larger parcels. There are also some beautiful ranchettes out Wiliamson Valley Road (NW of Prescott) that are 10 to 36 acre minimums. And then there's Juniperwoods Ranch, up by Ash Fork. Lots of 10 acre to 40 acre parcels there, but most are "off-grid", meaning no electricity (so solar powered) and hauled water.

The topography is extremely varied in our area. Dewey-Humboldt area will generally be more hilly than the Chino Valley, Paulden, or Prescott Valley areas. Some of the views of the Bradshaw Mountains are awesome. The vegetation in D-H wll range from cottonwoods and grass along the Agua Fria River to mesquite and scrub bushes in the hills. Out Williamson Valley, you'll have junipers and grassland. In Paulden and Prescott Valley it's pretty much just rangeland grass. Chino Valley is mostly grassland, but it does get hilly as you get to the outskirts of town.

One more area to consider might be the Poland Junction/Mayer area. It's pretty similar to Dewey-Humboldt. Price-wise, most areas are pretty comparable, except for Williamson Valley, which is quite pricey with some really nice homes. Most of the other areas have mfg'd homes available which usually run a little less, although some of the site-built homes have gotten very reasonable this past year.

The variety of the area is amazing. Within a radius of 15 miles you'll find a huge variety of topography and vegetation and housing.

Old 07-01-2008, 09:49 PM

Thanks to everyone for all the information, Chino Valley is nice. I also like Dewey for the small town setting. I would like to locate a Bank owned developed parcel with a
well and building, I guess I would need a a dependable contractor to work with also.
Any futher suggestions

Old 07-01-2008, 10:21 PM

2,203 posts, read 9,323,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Mcconnell View Post
Thanks to everyone for all the information, Chino Valley is nice. I also like Dewey for the small town setting. I would like to locate a Bank owned developed parcel with a
well and building, I guess I would need a a dependable contractor to work with also.
Any futher suggestions
Hi Dan - Because most of the existing land listings were purchased to resell, most were purchased with cash, so bank-owned parcels are few and far between. However, there are a few 2-acre parcels with homes on them that are bank-owned. These properties are priced much, much lower than what it would cost to buy the land and build for. (Keep in mind that the land is the cheapest part of the package, so buying a bank-owned home will get you a bigger discount that buying a bank-owned parcel and then building new.)

Building right now will almost always cost more than resale unless you are contractor and can do much of the work yourself. However, if you have a specific home plan in mind, and you're not out to get into a property as cheaply as possible, then building is the route to go. We have many reputable builders in the area who are very accommodating to work with and who do quality work.

Old 07-02-2008, 08:52 AM

Default Recommendations

Thanks to all of you again. Thanks. This question is directed to anyone with pass experance with local Banks that may specialize in mortgage transactions?
Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott