Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 09:42 PM

1 posts, read 1,721 times

Advertisements

Prescott OK !STAY AWAY FROM Prescott Valley!, Land baron controlled town government long overdue for Federal Investigation

Old 09-30-2009, 09:56 PM

1,627 posts, read 3,228,130 times
Default RE: medical care

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonioLarabi View Post
Prescott is the absolute, worst city I have ever been in. Police everywher, but not getting drugs off the street, just giving tourists and whoever they want a ticket.

Medical Care-Crappy! Terrible hospital(s), awful Physicians, nothing to do for people, besides outdoor-things (which you can do in MORE beautiful, less expensive and better quality towns.

This list could be about fifteen pages long, but I think you get the idea!
I visited the Hospital Emergency 3 times and my husband once and compared to another hospital in Arizona, it shines. We were treated exceptionally, all 4 times.

Old 09-30-2009, 11:12 PM

123 posts, read 322,067 times
What is so suprising about small town corruption? It's just a closer look at big town corruption. It's the American way! Have fun in your guilded cage while Rome burns. Oh well, EVERYTHING comes to its natural end eh?

Old 10-01-2009, 10:22 AM

43 posts, read 69,720 times
First of all, why does yo0ur husband have to go to the ER? I mean, in urban areas, where people cannot afford seeing a real doctor, they use the ER for their PCP here in Prescott. Also, they have a huge problem with that "Super-Bacteria" which is very contagious, very hard to treat! Then that hospital transfers their patients out to Rehab centers or Nursing Homes and then they spread the bacteria. It is an absolute FACT, that YRMC is one of the worst hospitals in Arizona!

Moderator cut: no consumer complaints allowed on C-D

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 10-01-2009 at 02:45 PM..

Old 10-01-2009, 10:26 AM

533 posts, read 1,466,312 times
Do you have anything to support your claims or is all this hyper-exaggerated blather? Just curious.

Old 10-01-2009, 10:46 AM

I have only gotten TWO speeding tickets in my whole life of driving (Every state in the USA, Canada, Brazil, Europe, Israel, Mexico, etc... ). Guess where I got BOTH tickets? Prescott, Arizona! Then, I have been pulled over twice, just "because". The Prescott police could easily be compared to a "Police State", third world country. They lie, they don't do what I PAY THEM to do; get drugs off the street, assist people in need, be kind to the residents and visitors. Not in Prescott! They have more of a God complex than any Physician I have ever met. Seriously, I lived in Brazil for years and was not as afraid of the Police there as I am in Prescott. Terrible! There is absolutely NO oversight. Moderator cut: not appropriate in this forum, take it to Politics

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 10-01-2009 at 02:46 PM..

Old 10-01-2009, 11:22 AM

All you would need to do, is look up the statistics and TRY to find a doctor in this town. As far as personal knowledge, ABSOLUTELY! I have certain family members that practice in the Prescott, health care arena. To keep confidentiality, I cannot say exactly what they do, however, I can say that they make over $200,000.00 per year, doing their job! In other words, I KNOW all of the dirty details about Prescott's Health Care and crappy oversight of their "boys club". Going to Prescott, is like visiting the 80's! Prescott has ONE Oncologist in this town and people have to catch a bus or a ride to go to Flagstaff for treatment. It is terrible and something needs to change!

Old 10-01-2009, 11:59 AM

533 posts, read 1,466,312 times
Still more rhetoric without any data to substantiate your claims. So, I could basically post the opposite and then where would we be?

You make bold claims--back them up with concrete data. How's this for starters--when you got 2 speeding tickets...were you speeding?

Then you claim "inside information" -- that's merely gossip, second hand knowledge.

Moderator cut: orphaned quote

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 10-01-2009 at 02:47 PM..

Old 10-01-2009, 01:29 PM

1,229 posts, read 3,880,935 times
The MODS are going to CLOSE this thread if it doesn't get back "on topic" - Prescott (not political debates) . FYI

I will say this. In Prescott and PV, there have been complaints regarding some of the PD issues described here. The Prescott Courier ran a story about it. Also, it is somewhat known that PV PD is having a "clique" issues and "moral" issues. Of course, the PD will deny this, but it has been talked about in certain circles, including the Courier. There is also no denying that the Prescott & PV PD's play "favorites" when it comes to the land barrens and people with power, but that is common practice throughout our nations police departments.

Some of the issues described are a common problem with any "small town" PD.

Old 10-01-2009, 01:39 PM

1,229 posts, read 3,880,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonioLarabi View Post
All you would need to do, is look up the statistics and TRY to find a doctor in this town.

In other words, I KNOW all of the dirty details about Prescott's Health Care and crappy oversight of their "boys club". Going to Prescott, is like visiting the 80's! Prescott has ONE Oncologist in this town and people have to catch a bus or a ride to go to Flagstaff for treatment. It is terrible and something needs to change!
I agree with your view. The Prescott health care system is a joke of all jokes. I don't even bother with them anymore. I just get in my car and drive down to Phoenix.

100% of the time, whenever there is major trauma due to a car accident, 100% of the time they fly the people to Phoenix or Flagstaff. WHY? It's because Prescott cannot handle it. They are not equipped, nor experienced, to handle major trauma.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott