Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 04:51 PM

2 posts, read 8,080 times

Advertisements

Thought everyone should know; I was talking with one of the the managers of a Scottsdale Trader Joe's last week, and I asked him about any plans the company had (that he knew of) to build a Trader's anywhere in Northern AZ. He confirmed that yes, in fact, a lot has been bought in Prescott (not sure exactly where) and construction/planning has begun! According to him, the store should be finished by the end of the second quarter of this year!

Happy Trails,
Matthew

Old 02-16-2010, 09:14 AM

1,929 posts, read 5,919,228 times
I hope you are right, but I will believe it when I see it. I ran a search for Trader Joe and Paracorp (their parent company) and neither showed up in the public records. If they bought land, it was not with either of those names. There could be another name or they could be leasing something. The reason I am sceptical is that this rumor comes and goes like the wind. Also, on the Trader Joe's website, the only Coming Soon location is Hollywood, CA.

Old 02-16-2010, 10:18 AM

963 posts, read 3,033,847 times
I agree with Brian, that's hardly "official." Individual store managers at TJs generally aren't privy to corporate expansion plans from what I've seen. He may have just been circulating a rumor. Once announced by corporate HQ, then it will be official.

Old 02-16-2010, 01:56 PM

1,229 posts, read 3,870,463 times
I agree with the above people also. It is hardly official and the person who started this thread/rumor SEDONALOVER108, has made only ONE post in their entire time here on this forum. And that post/thread is about Trader Joe's coming here.

This is how rumors get started. Until the company officially announces it or the city of Prescott/PV announces it, it is not true and only a rumor.

Old 02-16-2010, 02:26 PM

73 posts, read 302,649 times
A year or two ago Trader Joe's plan was to open a store in Prescott or Prescott Valley then another store in either Cottonwood or Sedona and a store in Flagstaff. In Prescott and Prescott Valley our nice city officials had their greedy hands out $$$$ so Trader Joe's cancelled the building in this area and the whole project. They said they will only send a food truck up if they could build 3 stores.
Wishful thinking....

Old 02-16-2010, 04:32 PM

2,916 posts, read 8,351,353 times
Dang... get my hopes up...

Last edited by knoxgarden; 02-17-2010 at 03:23 AM.. Reason: removed personal attack

Old 02-17-2010, 10:54 AM

1,627 posts, read 3,217,945 times
A couple of years ago, I was in the Trader's Joe's in Henderson, NV. I talked to the store manager in hopes they would bring a Trader Joe's to Prescott. He told me that the plans are in the works, that the Flagstaff area will have a Trader Joes and Prescott. He told me that would not announce it until the building is up. This is a perfect area for Trader Joes and it would make my shopping complete besides having a Whole Foods store.

Old 02-17-2010, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SedonaLover108 View Post
Thought everyone should know; I was talking with one of the the managers of a Scottsdale Trader Joe's last week, and I asked him about any plans the company had (that he knew of) to build a Trader's anywhere in Northern AZ. He confirmed that yes, in fact, a lot has been bought in Prescott (not sure exactly where) and construction/planning has begun! According to him, the store should be finished by the end of the second quarter of this year!

Happy Trails,
Matthew
Quote:
Originally Posted by smilinpretty View Post
A couple of years ago, I was in the Trader's Joe's in Henderson, NV. I talked to the store manager in hopes they would bring a Trader Joe's to Prescott. He told me that the plans are in the works, that the Flagstaff area will have a Trader Joes and Prescott. He told me that would not announce it until the building is up. This is a perfect area for Trader Joes and it would make my shopping complete besides having a Whole Foods store.

Whether this rumor is true or not, I wonder why TJ's doesn't put some kind of "gag order" on its talkative store managers if they want it kept quiet? What gives them the freedom to speak up about such company inner secrets, if that's what they are? Shouldn't these loose cannons be reprimanded or terminated altogether?

Old 02-17-2010, 11:48 AM

8,775 posts, read 11,909,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonyPony View Post
Whether this rumor is true or not, I wonder why TJ's doesn't put some kind of "gag order" on its talkative store managers if they want it kept quiet? What gives them the freedom to speak up about such company inner secrets, if that's what they are? Shouldn't these loose cannons be reprimanded or terminated altogether?
Reminds me of the rumor that keeps circulating about 'somebody' opening a huge theme park in AZ. The rumor keeps popping up but the location changes. Last I heard was Williams.

I agree with you about putting a "gag order" on some store managers. It's not NICE to spread rumors...especially if it's something people would really like and look forward to.

Old 02-17-2010, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDesertBrat View Post
Reminds me of the rumor that keeps circulating about 'somebody' opening a huge theme park in AZ. The rumor keeps popping up but the location changes. Last I heard was Williams.

I agree with you about putting a "gag order" on some store managers. It's not NICE to spread rumors...especially if it's something people would really like and look forward to.
You're right... I guess the Trader Joe's rumors continue to be rampant, because people would like for them to be true!

I wonder what ever happened to that "Rock & Roll' theme park near Eloy that its advocates were so SURE about? That must've gone totally bust, even after all of the speculation!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott