Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 08:21 AM

1,929 posts, read 5,917,021 times

Advertisements

The weather does not get that hot, so a pool is not worth the money and effort.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2010, 08:45 AM

3,062 posts, read 6,695,586 times
Maybe because it's located in the mountains with an average elevation of 5400'. Not quite Phoenix for sure.
It snows here, sometimes a 1-2 feet at a time and the temps get pretty low overnight from Oct through Apr.
The YMCA is an indoor pool that most use.

Old 08-12-2010, 12:40 AM

92 posts, read 318,505 times
thanks much for you info. about prescott, prescott valley and mayer. much appreciated.
ron

Old 08-16-2010, 12:51 PM

533 posts, read 1,461,667 times
Keep in mind that weather statistics from the past year are not indicative of the true average for the area. This past year has been affected by El Nino/La Nina conditions. The winter was wetter, the summer warmer.

I live in Chino Valley and it's been pretty warm this summer, but everyone I talk to around here says it's definitely abnormal, most years it's cooler and the winter is a little drier. Same thing hits CA periodically, the El Nino/La Nina cycle, that's usually when you see all the houses sliding off the hills along the ocean because of the much heavier weather conditions.

Best plan is to visit the areas, drive around, get a feel for the ebb and flow of traffic, talk to people directly face to face rather than in an anonymous forum. Lots of agendas here, you have to sift through all the variance to get more honest opinions, or find the average anyway. Recommend just talking to people in person in the various towns, from CV down to P/PV and the smaller towns near them like Paulden, Dewey-Humboldt, Mayer, etc. Only you know what you want, what feels "right" for you and your family. Take the time to hit the streets yourself, make an informed decision not just on statistics and forum opinions but also through direct observation and discussion.

Old 08-25-2010, 07:27 AM

8 posts, read 31,880 times
Why aren't there more pools at homes in and around the Prescott area? I see some "community" pools, but we don't want to live in an HOA.

Old 08-25-2010, 07:40 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,404,840 times
I think the post above answered this. The temperatures are quite different than down in the desert. It doesn't get hot enough, and the pool season would be much shorter-- the pools won't warm up as quickly in the spring/summer, and they start cooling off quicker as the nights get longer and cooler. It's a lot of expense for not much return.

Old 08-28-2010, 06:20 PM

12 posts, read 26,636 times
Default Thinking of move to Prescott

I am contemplating moving from Oregon (within 30 minutes of Portland area), to Az, Prescott in specific. I am moving away from the rain, the liberals and the fiscal irresponsibility. Oregon is a beautiful state and I would stay if it weren't for the rain, the gray weather, the allergies and the leftist politics. Hoping to find a heaven in Prescott (not too hot, pretty and close to snowy Flagstaff...) Can I be within 15 minutes of Prescott, have nice weather and a couple fo acres, 2500 square feet house, for under 375k? My kids (in their early 20s) want to move there too. They are conservative but want a vibrant town with some young people as well. They and my hsuband would have to find jobs, but they have very portable jobs...

Old 08-28-2010, 07:24 PM

3,062 posts, read 6,695,586 times
verdade~~
I just sent you a private message.

Old 08-29-2010, 09:20 AM

1,929 posts, read 5,917,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by verdade View Post
I am contemplating moving from Oregon (within 30 minutes of Portland area), to Az, Prescott in specific. I am moving away from the rain, the liberals and the fiscal irresponsibility. Oregon is a beautiful state and I would stay if it weren't for the rain, the gray weather, the allergies and the leftist politics. Hoping to find a heaven in Prescott (not too hot, pretty and close to snowy Flagstaff...) Can I be within 15 minutes of Prescott, have nice weather and a couple fo acres, 2500 square feet house, for under 375k? My kids (in their early 20s) want to move there too. They are conservative but want a vibrant town with some young people as well. They and my hsuband would have to find jobs, but they have very portable jobs...
You can certainly find a 2500 sqft house on acreage for under $375K. Of the towns within 15 minutes of Prescott, Prescott Valley is the most fiscally responsible. They have huge reserves and have weathered the economy very well. The PV town concil members have managed the city's pocketbook extremely well.

As far as jobs go, you might want to line those up before you move here.

Old 01-15-2011, 06:31 PM

17 posts, read 45,070 times
No one is mentioning the looming water "issues", have they addressed that since '07? Aside from that, the area looks great!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Prescott