Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 09:43 AM

2,551 posts, read 2,899,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
As a born and raised Buckeye he to me has not lived up to the billing he was suppose to be.
Yall Buckeye fans kill me... He was 31-4 record as a starter in 3 seasons!!! And 2-1 in 3 BCS Bowl Games!!! rushed for an Ohio State quarterback record 2,164 yards and passed for 6,177 yards. He holds the school record with seven games with at least 300 yards of total offense and 22 games with at least 200.

Terrelle Pryor's Ohio State Career Ranks

Passing TDs 57 T-1st
TD Responsible for 76 2nd
Total Offense 8,341 2nd
Comp pct 60.9 3rd
Pass yards 6,177 5th

yea what a HUGE dissapointment and failure!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2011, 12:36 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,550,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. GE View Post
Yall Buckeye fans kill me... He was 31-4 record as a starter in 3 seasons!!! And 2-1 in 3 BCS Bowl Games!!! rushed for an Ohio State quarterback record 2,164 yards and passed for 6,177 yards. He holds the school record with seven games with at least 300 yards of total offense and 22 games with at least 200.

Terrelle Pryor's Ohio State Career Ranks

Passing TDs 57 T-1st
TD Responsible for 76 2nd
Total Offense 8,341 2nd
Comp pct 60.9 3rd
Pass yards 6,177 5th

yea what a HUGE dissapointment and failure!!!
You forgot the most critical stat -- 3-0 vs. Michigan.

Pryor could also make some really knuckleheaded throws to the other team at times (Yes, it happens to the best), and there were other times when I felt he should've been tough enough to get the 3rd down short yardage.

Keep in mind, too, that Ohio State has never been confused with a QB factory, so the bar against which those stats measure Pryor is kind of low. Heck, we won a national championship with Craig Krenzel. The Ohio State quarterback who's gone on to have the most successful NFL career, in my lifetime, is Tom Tupa, which he did as a punter. Probably the most prototypical NFL QB to come out of Ohio State was Art Schlister. We all know how that worked out.

Old 06-25-2011, 03:32 PM

3,023 posts, read 2,279,136 times
He fits best as a wr. He does not have what it takes to be a NFL QB. If he tries to be a QB he probably will not in the NFL long if at all.

Old 07-06-2011, 05:46 PM

387 posts, read 409,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
As a born and raised Buckeye he to me has not lived up to the billing he was suppose to be.

Sure he is a pure talented athlete with lots of skills but his body could not take the punishment at QB in the NFL.

We will at best be ok for the type of offense Miami runs once in a while to get him out in the flats to break some tackles and run past some people but being an NFL QB, no way he could handle the punishment.

Wide out, slot or something but not a QB other then on special designs plays.

His passing is not NFL quality and I think he could get better.

He never built his body enough at Ohio St to go to the next level like many do. I remember when Brady Quinn was a skinny kid who looked very fragile and once he was leaving ND he was bulky and solid. Many cases like this.
If you look at his OSU numbers it would indicate an very good/great college career. However upon looking back I don't recall a game where I was left speechless thinking this guy is the real deal. Since I live in Pittsburgh I followed his recruiting/world tour and thought to myself he's starting to buy into his own hype. The competition he played in h.s. was below average at best. He would have been better off sticking with basketball although i'm not sure how he would've faired in the pro's there either,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football