Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2011, 10:05 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,470,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdomcome1 View Post
TCU should be higher than 15...that's ok, guess we'll have to show them again, just how talented this team really is....
Is Ethan Grant expected to play much? He is one fast little scat back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2011, 12:45 AM

2,819 posts, read 6,468,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
I know TCU lost Andy Dalton, but I thought they also lost a lot of guys on defense as well... probably why they fell so far in the rankings. When you switch to a new QB there is always an adjustment.

Anyway, here are my pre-season (way too early) picks to win each conference...

SEC-- LSU (never count out the mad hatter!)

Big 12-- OU (I think they will run the table this year... Broyles will be a Heisman runner up )

Pac-12
-- Stanford (this team will be all about Andrew Luck-- I predict he will win the Heisman)

Big 10-- Nebraska (that's right... Nebraska. After a terrible finish for Martinez, he returns for some ass kicking)

ACC-- FSU (no surprises here... besides FSU finally returning to glory)

Big East - I like West Virginia

Mountain West - Boise State

Sun Belt - Troy

WAC- Nevada

Conference USA- Houston (they have Case Keenum back for the 1000 year in a row <well it seems like it...> btw my bold prediction is he will be in the Heisman top 4)

National Championship: LSU vs. OU-- LSU wins it all
Sorry but do you follow the WAC at all?, as a Nevada fan myself Hawaii then Fresno State are clear favourites, the only benefit for Nevada is that they have Hawaii and Fresno State at home but Nevada won't be able to stop Moinz.

Old 08-05-2011, 08:36 AM

2,714 posts, read 4,292,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyj46 View Post
Sorry but do you follow the WAC at all?, as a Nevada fan myself Hawaii then Fresno State are clear favourites, the only benefit for Nevada is that they have Hawaii and Fresno State at home but Nevada won't be able to stop Moinz.
No I don't follow the WAC

Old 08-05-2011, 10:57 AM

2,532 posts, read 3,463,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
As for this poll; LSU, FSU, Stanford and TCU ranked too high.
We are ranked just fine. Only one loss on defense and one major lineman + injured QB on offense gone. The rest of the pieces are still there with another year under our coaches belt. I think this is a good year for us. If we beat OK (who will most likely be #1 at that point), we could potentially run the house since the only scary game beyond it is NC St and we have both of them at home.

Old 08-05-2011, 11:58 AM

4,064 posts, read 5,642,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
We are ranked just fine. Only one loss on defense and one major lineman + injured QB on offense gone. The rest of the pieces are still there with another year under our coaches belt. I think this is a good year for us. If we beat OK (who will most likely be #1 at that point), we could potentially run the house since the only scary game beyond it is NC St and we have both of them at home.
That injured QB was an NFL first rounder. I don't see how a team could get better one year after losing a first round QB.

We will see!!

Old 08-05-2011, 01:23 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,058,956 times
It's hard to predict what will happen in the preseason but I generally agree with that poll. Assuming that they stay healthy, I think that OU could possibly go undefeated and play in the national championship game this year. It's probably a good bet that an SEC team from that list will end up in that game as well. Alabama will have the edge in the SEC, but as usual, the battle for #1 in that conference will be very interesting.

Old 08-05-2011, 01:35 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,203,153 times
First Coaches are stupid, I'd like to see what some of the later coaches have to say.

love, Goldy Gopher

Old 08-05-2011, 02:05 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,463,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
That injured QB was an NFL first rounder. I don't see how a team could get better one year after losing a first round QB.

We will see!!
Ponder is a great player no doubt (when healthy). His injury this past season caused him to overthrow/underthrow receivers, almost costing us the game vs BC (where he played through the injury when it happened) and did cost us vs NC St.

Manuel has had on-the-field experience. He is a decent passer and is very quick and mobile i.e. the type of QB Fisher is used to working with. I feel he will fit in just fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football