Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 04:04 PM

1,196 posts, read 2,315,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
The answer: Jerry Jones

I give credit where credit is due. He's definately a guru at marketing his team. And he's definately an owner I wouldn't mind having.

On another note, appearently Kerry Collins was a free agent. Personally I would have traded Romo and picked up Collins for a season or two and then try to draft someone else and rebuild the offense. Romo is overrated.
if you put business first ahead of your favorite team, then it's understandable why you would want Jerry Jones, but if you want the team to be committed to winning, then I would not be comfortable having an owner that serves as general manager too and having won only 1 playoff game in the past 15 years, obviously something is not right with the Cowboys

Old 08-25-2011, 05:10 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,015,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatespoiledbrattypeople View Post
if you put business first ahead of your favorite team, then it's understandable why you would want Jerry Jones, but if you want the team to be committed to winning, then I would not be comfortable having an owner that serves as general manager too and having won only 1 playoff game in the past 15 years, obviously something is not right with the Cowboys
As an Eagles fan--I respect him because he's a football guy himself, and as an owner his business mentality reflects that. As a football fan, he wants to win so he'll seek out the best players available to him to make that happen.

I'm not defending the Cowboys, but even though they've been losers for quite some time, their playoff appearences have been pretty consistent since he took over the ownership.

Old 08-26-2011, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
As an Eagles fan--I respect him because he's a football guy himself, and as an owner his business mentality reflects that. As a football fan, he wants to win so he'll seek out the best players available to him to make that happen.

I'm not defending the Cowboys, but even though they've been losers for quite some time, their playoff appearences have been pretty consistent since he took over the ownership.
yeah but the Cowboys have qualified for the playoffs only 4 times in the 2000's decade, and winning only 1 playoff game since 1996, maybe this new decade will be different, whats the point of being great in the regular-season all the time if you can't be good in the post-season?

Old 08-27-2011, 01:31 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,920,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatespoiledbrattypeople View Post
yeah but the Cowboys have qualified for the playoffs only 4 times in the 2000's decade, and winning only 1 playoff game since 1996, maybe this new decade will be different, whats the point of being great in the regular-season all the time if you can't be good in the post-season?
For a franchise such as the Cowboys, that's a good question to ask. But if it's a franchise that has a HISTORY of losing, they'll kill for just a spot in the playoffs every year.

Some franchises have a very low bar to set...

Old 08-27-2011, 02:48 AM

35 posts, read 68,703 times
I would much rather have Matt Ryan, Eli Manning, or Matt Schaub than Tony Romo. The Cowboys need to find a good backup that is ready to step up if Romo is not getting it done.

Old 08-27-2011, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
For a franchise such as the Cowboys, that's a good question to ask. But if it's a franchise that has a HISTORY of losing, they'll kill for just a spot in the playoffs every year.

Some franchises have a very low bar to set...
yeah, for teams like the Cincinatti Bengals, Detroit Lions, Buffalo Bills, but still, everybody acts like as if the Cowboys won a Super Bowl recently, when in reality the last time the Cowboys won a Super Bowl, it was near the end of Bill Clinton's first term in office

Old 08-30-2011, 11:50 PM

12,671 posts, read 23,821,150 times
I don't expect the Cowboys to win more then 7 games this year. I think the coach will be gone too.

Old 08-31-2011, 10:33 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,593,591 times
I'm a Cowboys fan and I think he's overrated. I think he has talent and can play well most of the time. The reason I say he's overrated is because of the turnovers and mistakes. He doesn't look bad in stats because he may not have a lot of turnovers, but the ones he has will be on the 5 yard line or in our own end zone. He has a lot of those.

Old 08-31-2011, 11:02 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,909,608 times
I personally don't think so;he is very skilled. But one has to always remmeber that even the best quarterback as to have the team rmembers to have a successful team. Certainly we see this with many quarterbacks such as Vick. Vick looks much better when he is paying on a team not at the top of its game because he is not that good a pocket passer and always looks better in his ability to turn broken plays or run like a college quarterback.Even Brady and Manning look terrible when there offense line is over come by a good deafense. The bast tem have the abilty to allow plays to play out as planned. one bad miss i the pros and it fails. If it were always perfect then every play would score.Romao is very accurate and has great relase. He is ot a Vick that he looks best when protection breaks down tho; but is much more mobil and qucik than either Manning and Brady when it happens.Manning and brady are by far the best at reading and adjusting to defenses'pure and simple ebsides the great throwing arm which alot of qaurterbacks have.

Old 09-01-2011, 09:56 PM

it really gets annoying when all of the media kisses the cowboys asses all the time, when the Lakers and Yankees were not winning Championships or did not reach the Finals(World Series, NBA Finals), all of the Sports Media was ignoring them, but the Cowboys have not sniffed the Super Bowl since 1995, which was near the end of Bill Clinton's first term in office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football