Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 08:02 PM

6,409 posts, read 9,047,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
I'm beginning to see the light, no longer a train coming out of a tunnel!

Lions can't beat the Pack if they play like they did today, unbelievable. Something was wrong there, not just an off day, bigger problems.
Stafford had the worst game of his career. It was the worst game (and so far the only bad game) of the season. How is this anything other than an off day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2011, 08:04 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,230,394 times
The Lions have 2 more games against Green bay, the saints, raiders, and chargers.

That's about 3 losses right there out of the last 7. They will finish 9-7 or 8-8

Old 11-13-2011, 08:09 PM

570 posts, read 584,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
Stafford had the worst game of his career. It was the worst game (and so far the only bad game) of the season. How is this anything other than an off day.
He ran into the Bears, the lions are overated...and again your QB is is injured he has a broken index finger on his right hand which the lions will be finded for not reporting to the leage...
GO BEARS

Old 11-14-2011, 08:27 AM

12,585 posts, read 17,029,567 times
The thing is that the Lions have Hill who could come in and do a good job. Don't know why they wouldn't put him in.

This was a bad, bad game for the Lions. I have seen them have bad games this season but bounced back to keep winning.

Seems they got drastically out of sync coming off a bi week. Hopefully coming home and wiping off the dirt from Chicago and beating out the Panthers will pump them up for the Packers.

Old 11-14-2011, 08:29 AM

12,585 posts, read 17,029,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
The Lions have 2 more games against Green bay, the saints, raiders, and chargers.

That's about 3 losses right there out of the last 7. They will finish 9-7 or 8-8
It's never a done deal.

Injuries can and will happen. You never know what will happen.

Old 11-14-2011, 03:22 PM

6,409 posts, read 9,047,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsbunny7 View Post
He ran into the Bears, the lions are overated...and again your QB is is injured he has a broken index finger on his right hand which the lions will be finded for not reporting to the leage...
GO BEARS
Finded?

I could care less about a fine. Hill is a capable 2nd string and did well last season when Stafford was out.

Old 11-14-2011, 04:01 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,230,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
It's never a done deal.

Injuries can and will happen. You never know what will happen.
I may not know much but I do know the Lions will not be in the playoffs

Old 11-15-2011, 07:25 AM

79,166 posts, read 61,300,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I may not know much but I do know the Lions will not be in the playoffs
While the Lions have a tough stretch coming up, the other wildcard competition needs to be taken into consideration and Dallas and Atlanta have been playing erratically this season. Atlanta and the Bears are of course the biggest challengers for the WC spots.

The lions finishing 2-5 to end up 8-8 is an unreasonable prediction IMO. For that to happen they'd have to lose some winnable games as well, a complete collapse pretty much and they are certainly a decent team. How quickly people forget the beat down they gave Denver who is an average team?

FYI- I predicted back around week 2-3 that Detroit would start strong and then struggle if people just bothered to look at their schedule.

Old 11-15-2011, 07:31 AM

79,166 posts, read 61,300,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsbunny7 View Post
GO BEARS
While I am a Bears fan, I think it's safer to say that the Bears have fixed thier early season problems and it's no longer Cutler on the ground 12-15 times a game within 2 seconds of taking the snap.

Look back at some of the Bears early games against GB and NO and if Cutler had been getting the protection then those games would have been tight contests.

Basically, the Bears are very tough opponents right now and everything that could go wrong for Detroit did go wrong. Detroit is only over-rated in a few bandwagon fans minds that are too big of noobs to look at their schedule and also factor in the improvement of the Bears.

The big problem Detroit has IMO was the heads up loss to Atlanta. That could bite them in the butt as a 10-6 team that misses the playoffs due to tie-breaker.

Old 11-15-2011, 07:56 AM

570 posts, read 584,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
While the Lions have a tough stretch coming up, the other wildcard competition needs to be taken into consideration and Dallas and Atlanta have been playing erratically this season. Atlanta and the Bears are of course the biggest challengers for the WC spots.

The lions finishing 2-5 to end up 8-8 is an unreasonable prediction IMO. For that to happen they'd have to lose some winnable games as well, a complete collapse pretty much and they are certainly a decent team. How quickly people forget the beat down they gave Denver who is an average team?

FYI- I predicted back around week 2-3 that Detroit would start strong and then struggle if people just bothered to look at their schedule.
I agree I thought they would go 8-8...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football