Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2012, 04:52 AM

3,359 posts, read 7,324,382 times

Advertisements

Instead of just having selected memebers play a normal football game...I think the NFL should turn the Pro-ball into more of a skills test, in addition to the game...like how the NBA has the dunk contest, or baseball has the home run contest..

Here are a few suggestions that would make the Pro ball a bit more attractive...

1. Have a QB skills contest...give them like 1 minute to throw select amount of footballs through a tire or something...or hit a moving target, like at the fair...

2. Make the running backs compete in a obstacles test...

3. Make the line backers do a skills test on field...
Kind of like what they use to do on a old show called 'celebratie matches'...it was on ABC sports or something when I was a kid...

Even make the referees display their skills...give them some kind of Jepordy show competition about the rules...

All I'm saying is the NFL could make the Pro ball a lot more exciting if they inserted other events, around the game...I think it would personalize it a lot more...

4. Definatly have a field goal kicker competition...where you keep narrowing the field posts, until one kicker remains...

Have a event that displays the specific skill set for each player or position...

I hope the NFL reads this and implements some of this in next years Pro ball game...

Heck, they could even hire me to set it all up...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2012, 03:39 AM

24,401 posts, read 23,053,611 times
They could do a simulated target course for QBs like they do at shooting ranges. Have popup figures that spring up to indicate an open receiver. Maybe toss them a curve and have one be an opposing teams player that would indicate a probable interception. The point is revamping the event and scrapping the game aspect would make it far more fun and interesting and meaningful to the viewers.

Old 02-07-2012, 03:08 PM

14,321 posts, read 14,615,637 times
We had this discussion a few pages back, how years ago there was a competition between the various positions, QBs throwing, other players doing tire drills, wall climbing, it was great! I think they ended it for the injury factor. It was held in Hawaii around the same time as the Pro Bowl.

Old 02-07-2012, 03:39 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,951,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
Instead of just having selected memebers play a normal football game...I think the NFL should turn the Pro-ball into more of a skills test, in addition to the game...like how the NBA has the dunk contest, or baseball has the home run contest..

Here are a few suggestions that would make the Pro ball a bit more attractive...

1. Have a QB skills contest...give them like 1 minute to throw select amount of footballs through a tire or something...or hit a moving target, like at the fair...

2. Make the running backs compete in a obstacles test...

3. Make the line backers do a skills test on field...
Kind of like what they use to do on a old show called 'celebratie matches'...it was on ABC sports or something when I was a kid...

Even make the referees display their skills...give them some kind of Jepordy show competition about the rules...

All I'm saying is the NFL could make the Pro ball a lot more exciting if they inserted other events, around the game...I think it would personalize it a lot more...

4. Definatly have a field goal kicker competition...where you keep narrowing the field posts, until one kicker remains...

Have a event that displays the specific skill set for each player or position...

I hope the NFL reads this and implements some of this in next years Pro ball game...

Heck, they could even hire me to set it all up...
I completely agree with everything you say here.

That is exactly what they should do. Get the Pro Bowl the heck out of Hawaii. Put it in Los Angeles (Coliseum or hopefully the new Farmers Field) and make it a "Hollywood" event. Many of the athletes live in Los Angeles anyway, and its a HUGE TV/entertainment market. This should be done pronto!!!

Old 02-07-2012, 03:55 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,324,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
I completely agree with everything you say here.

That is exactly what they should do. Get the Pro Bowl the heck out of Hawaii. Put it in Los Angeles (Coliseum or hopefully the new Farmers Field) and make it a "Hollywood" event. Many of the athletes live in Los Angeles anyway, and its a HUGE TV/entertainment market. This should be done pronto!!!
They definatly need to do something cause I heard on the news yesterday, after this thread was created, that Roger G, the commisioner, was thinking about ending, canceling, the pro ball forever, do to poor performance on the field...and probably ratings too...

Common people like us, fans, have such wonderful ideas...since we're the ones who watch...

But big wigs like the commisionar make it so hard to get in contact with them, that they never hear are ideas...being rich, and having money doesn't nessisarily mean your more creative than your average fan...

I think a lot of common fans have great ideas, if they would only listen to us...

Old 02-07-2012, 06:00 PM

1,216 posts, read 1,082,459 times
I agree with a skills competition and that would be my preference, if they decide to eliminate it completely then honor the players in the NFL Honors show.

Old 02-07-2012, 06:12 PM

14,321 posts, read 14,615,637 times
Maybe the Commish should have an open forum for the fans, mmmmm, then again maybe not!

Old 02-07-2012, 06:24 PM

2,551 posts, read 2,895,100 times
Did u all see the ratings for the Pro Bowl?

It's not going anywhere...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football