Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2016, 11:09 PM

625 posts, read 952,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bucks View Post
Congratulations to the Patriots on advancing to the Super Bowl once again. With Carr out, New England playing 2 playoff games has become nothing more than a formality.

I am a Chiefs fan, and I hope Kansas City can make it to the Super Bowl and win it all. But I will be honest. I think New England is the team to stop in the AFC now after the Derek Carr injury.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2016, 11:55 PM

9,763 posts, read 7,477,660 times
Quote:
Congratulations to the Patriots on advancing to the Super Bowl once again. With Carr out, New England playing 2 playoff games has become nothing more than a formality.

The AFC North champion whoever it is, will probably take them into the 4th in a competitive game. The Broncos should they miraculously get in AND win their first round road game (likely @ Baltimore or Pittsburgh) they may take them down to the wire too. Nobody else in the AFC has a chance at beating them though.

Old 12-25-2016, 12:53 PM

6,793 posts, read 5,664,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
And with today's win, Bill Belichick has coached six different teams to 14 wins (regular season only). That's best all-time.

Guess who is number two?

Spoiler
George Seifert, with four.

These coaches have three:
Jeff Fisher
Mike Holmgren
Marty Schottenheimer
Mike Shanahan
Bill Walsh

If the Patriots can defeat the Dolphins in week 17, Belichick will have his fifth 14-win season. Seifert has three. Ditka has two. I don't think anyone else has more than one.
Cool stat but also note that a lot of GREAT HOF coaches never really had a shot at 14 regular seasons because their seasons were only 12 or 14 games...

Old 12-25-2016, 02:20 PM

6,329 posts, read 3,619,316 times
Pittsburgh seems to be playing well of late. I think they are the only team that will really have a shot of knocking the Pats out. I could see K.C. but they would need to play a perfect game in all three phases whereas Pittsburgh could play poorly for a half and still end up winning.

Old 12-25-2016, 02:38 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,231,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill the Butcher View Post
Pittsburgh seems to be playing well of late. I think they are the only team that will really have a shot of knocking the Pats out. I could see K.C. but they would need to play a perfect game in all three phases whereas Pittsburgh could play poorly for a half and still end up winning.
New England and Brady own Pittsburgh especially at home. Pittsburgh has been a sexy pick all year for folks and yet they have 5 losses already and rally haven't played that well. Also if they played a bad half against pats in playoffs they would get blown out

Old 12-25-2016, 07:04 PM

3,755 posts, read 4,803,691 times
Quote:
Anything can happen. New England went 14-2, had the #1 seed and proceeded to lose in the first round to the Jets back in 2011.

Old 12-25-2016, 07:24 PM

Everyone is sleeping on the Chiefs this season. But if the Chiefs win tonight against Denver, and win next week at San Diego, then Chiefs win the AFC West and first round bye.

GO CHIEFS!!!

Old 12-25-2016, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous51 View Post
Everyone is sleeping on the Chiefs this season. But if the Chiefs win tonight against Denver, and win next week at San Diego, then Chiefs win the AFC West and first round bye.

GO CHIEFS!!!
This is the Pats thread so no one here really cares about the Chiefs

IF the Chiefs play the Pats it will be in New England and it will be another Chiefs loss.....they aren't anything special

Old 12-25-2016, 08:26 PM

The AFC championship game will be Patriots vs Chiefs. It will be a good matchup. Patriots offense vs Chiefs defense. I am looking forward to it!

GO CHIEFS!!!

Old 12-25-2016, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous51 View Post
The AFC championship game will be Patriots vs Chiefs. It will be a good matchup. Patriots offense vs Chiefs defense. I am looking forward to it!

GO CHIEFS!!!
Chiefs defense without Derrick Johnson won't be able to handle Pats offense and that vanilla Andy Reid offense will get shut out by Pats defense number 1 scoring defense in NFL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football