Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2019, 12:38 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,501,592 times

Advertisements

Matt Lefleur is not Sean Mcvay. Packers will tank.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2019, 01:21 PM

7,597 posts, read 6,094,485 times
Another Sunday, ANOTHER serving of Sushi......*
So for the second week in a row, they played a good first half, or rather a pretty good first half, but could not anticipate pro stop the adjustments made by the opponent in the second half. Which is inexcusable at the Pro Level. I know everyone on the team is new and floundering,
But at some point we need to see that the new guys are actually trying to playb4 quarters.
Oh and the offense line was different yet again. If nothing else, keep opponents guessing as to who will start in front of them. That is good for maybe a quarter or a half until someone reasonably SKILLED at football figures out that there is little talent across the line anyway.

*I know, dolphins are mammals, not fish, but it sounded right anyway.

Old 10-25-2019, 04:46 AM

Well, halfway through the season and we are seeing improvement at many positions, even if the record does not reflect it. Keep in mind, many of these young guys are inexperienced, several underrated, and looking at individual improvement of fundamentals and skills is promising

If I come across as overly critical at times, well, it is because I have an interest in MY FINZ and want them to win.

Old 10-29-2019, 04:50 AM

Something else that I cannot help but notice. And I have not seen anyone else address this. Has anyone noticed that the Patriots are Fielding possibly the best defense ever and doing it without Brian Flores and Company? I mean they had some good defenses in the past but it appears they've gone up three or four notches under the current coaching staff. And they are accomplishing this without Brian Flores calling everything.
So is there a reason that Flores and Company got out of Boston so easily and moved to Miami? And are they really the right people to build a dynasty?

Old 10-29-2019, 07:50 AM

22,352 posts, read 29,465,198 times
We blow

Old 10-29-2019, 09:27 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,768,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
Something else that I cannot help but notice. And I have not seen anyone else address this. Has anyone noticed that the Patriots are Fielding possibly the best defense ever and doing it without Brian Flores and Company? I mean they had some good defenses in the past but it appears they've gone up three or four notches under the current coaching staff. And they are accomplishing this without Brian Flores calling everything.
So is there a reason that Flores and Company got out of Boston so easily and moved to Miami? And are they really the right people to build a dynasty?
I would not put too much stock in the Pats defense this year as a reflection on Flores ability. The Pats haven’t played a functional offense yet this year. Plus the Patriots were 7th in PPG defense last year so it wasn’t like Flores was doing anything to hold their D back last year.

Old 10-29-2019, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I would not put too much stock in the Pats defense this year as a reflection on Flores ability. The Pats haven’t played a functional offense yet this year. Plus the Patriots were 7th in PPG defense last year so it wasn’t like Flores was doing anything to hold their D back last year.
That is true They have had a cake walk schedule Still the defense looks to be more alert and more on top of things than last year. I guess we will see if they play the Cowboys and Dak and Zeke are on that day, or if the Nevermore Ravens or the Chefs can do some damage to them.

Old 10-30-2019, 09:39 AM

1,149 posts, read 452,620 times
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the 8 man blitz on 3rd-and-21 just before half time that resulted in the Steelers TD??!! The conventional wisdom was that it was the Dolphins front offices who were tanking and not the coaches. That blitz call was inexplicable and now lends credence to the coaches tanking as well. I know that was discussed some what on the failed two point try vs the Redskins, but that call on Monday night was far more suspicious. It will be interesting what happens with the Dolphins still playing the Jets twice, and later the Bengals, who have now benched Andy Dalton. Technically right now, it is in fact Cinci who has the #1 pick. Are the Dolphins hell-bent on picking just first? Does it matter that much? There still isn't that sure-bet QB coming out, although Burrows from LSU has really raised his stock mightily this season and is no doubt on Miami and Cinci's radar.

Old 11-03-2019, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caj727 View Post
Technically right now, it is in fact Cinci who has the #1 pick. Are the Dolphins hell-bent on picking just first? Does it matter that much? There still isn't that sure-bet QB coming out, although Burrows from LSU has really raised his stock mightily this season and is no doubt on Miami and Cinci's radar.
Well, true, and in reality, there is no guarantee with any draft pick. One could end up becoming a Peyton Manning or a Ryan Leaf.....no way to tell

They have a QB. His name is Josh Rosen No one knows how good or bad he is because he has never had a fair chance to play in the NFL He has always been behind inferior blocking. What they also have is the absolute worst offensive line in the game. No sane individual would want to quarterback behind that front 5. Or 6 as they need a Tight end too

They need to pick linemen and shore up the line. Let Rosenhave a year of solid blocking THen, when the Offensive line has experience use some of the 2021 first round picks to grab one of the QBs that will likely have more talent. IF they do take a QB this year, then it needs to be a late round project. A Tom Brady type But I am all for building the best offensive line in the game and allowing someone's grandma to get out there and have 30 seconds to find a receiver and throw. I mean an offensive line where anyone will be able to run and pass and the defense front will not be able to do a thing in the world about it.

Old 11-03-2019, 07:01 AM

1,149 posts, read 452,620 times
I wonder too if Rosen is still given the job when the Fins have a semblance of a team around him. Sounds like more B.S when they state Fitzpatrick is the starter because it gives the team the best chance to win. If they want a QB though at the top of draft, then Rosen needs to be in there NOW to evaluate if he is the guy or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football