Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 07:52 PM

2,541 posts, read 11,338,020 times

Advertisements

Actually the college game has more variety in style of play.

They got guys like vince young, eric crouch, brad smith, brad banks. On the other hand we also have your john navarres, john david booty, mike teel who are classic pocket passers.

In the pro game you just dont get to see the option anymore, and the way a game is played that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2007, 07:52 AM

7,841 posts, read 19,005,261 times
bigthirsty wrote:
where else can you get Appy State beating Michigan..
About the only thing coming close to that would be an 0 and 15 team meeting a 15 and 0 team for the last game of the regular season and the 0-15 team wins! Not likely to ever happen though.

blessings...Franco

Old 09-28-2007, 08:00 AM

311 posts, read 1,377,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tablemtn View Post
The NFL is predetermined this year - the Pats will steamroll their competition and win the Superbowl. There is no tension at all. At least for this season, the NFL is far inferior to college football.
I only watch the NFL, but I think you're right. There is no suspense this year. All the other teams are going through the motions but they don't have a chance the way the Patriots are playing.

Old 09-28-2007, 01:46 PM

5,110 posts, read 7,143,858 times
Quote:
The NFL is predetermined this year - the Pats will steamroll their competition and win the Superbowl. There is no tension at all. At least for this season, the NFL is far inferior to college football.
There are many more close games in the NFL. I like both a lot and I would say that I enjoy college more, but I don't enjoy the too many blowouts in college games and the very flawed polls (and lack of a playoff which AA has).

Old 09-28-2007, 01:54 PM

699 posts, read 2,237,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Chutzpah View Post
Actually the college game has more variety in style of play.

They got guys like vince young, eric crouch, brad smith, brad banks. On the other hand we also have your john navarres, john david booty, mike teel who are classic pocket passers.

In the pro game you just dont get to see the option anymore, and the way a game is played that way.
The reason why you don't see options and trick plays in the NFL is because the defensive players in the NFL are more faster and better than in college. If you try them too often, you're often asking someone to get killed.

Old 09-29-2007, 12:53 PM

180 posts, read 267,994 times
College has more dedicated and fanatic fans...but for the best college teams, the season is over if they lose one game - there's little to no chance for a championship. The pros have the playoff system that allows several teams to still have a chance at the SuperBowl.

Old 09-29-2007, 02:20 PM

3,589 posts, read 4,151,534 times
Quote:
What is more entertaining to watch: College Football or NFL?
I try not to miss the University of Texas's games...they're not quite as commercial as NFL games and there's the whole alma mater school spirit thing going on...I went to UT-Austin.

I watch the Cowboys too, but they just don't get me as excited as my 'horns do.

Old 10-02-2007, 08:41 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,233,018 times
Huh... I just started a thread on this same topic. I even did a search before starting it.

Old 10-03-2007, 08:04 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,827,904 times
Quote:
What is more entertaining to watch: College Football or NFL?

NFL. College is a fixed popularity contest. There is almost no chance for an underdog to come out of nowhere and win the national championship in college.

I'm a Notre Dame fan due to my Irish Catholic roots, but I don't get as fired up about college football as I do for Philadelphia Eagles football.

Old 10-03-2007, 08:06 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,827,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
CFB..

Also.. where else can you get Appy State beating Michigan..

That was a fluke. Normally, those games are scheduled for the big I-A team to steamroll them 63-0. Like Penn State playing Florida International and Florida State playing Vanderbilt. The big college teams purposely schedule patsies so they can run up the score and look good for the rankings. No thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football