Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 05:01 PM

139 posts, read 142,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
They don't even come close to getting that honor. Plenty of teams ahead of them.
If you are a Cowboy fan, it feels a lot like we are close to that honor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2012, 08:21 PM

26,218 posts, read 49,052,722 times
Default Smart Guy says Tebow can be "Fixed"

Here's a guy who says that he can "fix" Tim Tebow's passing problems in six weeks of intensive work when he gets to his new team.

Excerpt: "Tim Tebow is fixable. The mechanically flawed quarterback can be "re-engineered'' and given a fresh start beyond his failed New York Jets experiment, say two leading quarterback gurus who are willing to accept the challenge."

That's what George Whitfield Jr. had to say. Another QB guru, Terry Shea, agrees with Whitfield that Tebow is not only salvageable, but says it is a critical matter of matching Tebow's different skill set with the right head coach who can maximize his athleticism. I never heard of these guys, but some of you may have.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 12-21-2012, 08:41 PM

825 posts, read 1,034,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
Worst managed team? Are you serious? They arent even close to being the worst managed team in the NFL. The Browns and Chiefs are both easily worse managed in the Jets.
BS. right now the jets are the worst in the NFL. It is a complete circus there at the moment.

Old 12-21-2012, 08:45 PM

As a former fan, I can say the jets deserve what they got. Largely ineffective management begets an ineffective organization. Sanchez struggles, so they extend him??? The offensive line is struggling, and they do nothing to improve it? Last season, the locker room implodes because Sanchez struggled mightily, and yet the organization backed him...then they repeat the same thing this year? It really is a joke how bad the jets front office is.

Old 12-22-2012, 07:48 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,149,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dba07 View Post
BS. right now the jets are the worst in the NFL. It is a complete circus there at the moment.
Just no. Other teams have been that badly managed for YEARS. The Jets are only a few years removed from two good playoff runs. There are teams that haven't done that in decades. Or ever.

Old 12-22-2012, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
Just no. Other teams have been that badly managed for YEARS. The Jets are only a few years removed from two good playoff runs. There are teams that haven't done that in decades. Or ever.
Right, but from a pure management standpoint, I see no other team as embarrassingly bad in terms of competence and decision making. Look at the tebow trade where the gm (an accountant) didn't notice the provision that tebow was due a 2m dollar roster bonus, that nearly sunk the trade. it is amateur hour there.
I find it Especially funny considering the advantages the jets have in being in the #1 media market in the us, and in the price they charge their fan base.

Old 12-22-2012, 10:12 AM

880 posts, read 2,025,295 times
I wonder what QB were availble in last years draft when the jets had there pick?

Old 12-22-2012, 11:37 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,149,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dba07 View Post
Right, but from a pure management standpoint, I see no other team as embarrassingly bad in terms of competence and decision making. Look at the tebow trade where the gm (an accountant) didn't notice the provision that tebow was due a 2m dollar roster bonus, that nearly sunk the trade. it is amateur hour there.
I find it Especially funny considering the advantages the jets have in being in the #1 media market in the us, and in the price they charge their fan base.
If you are going on bad recent decisions I think the Eagles probably have most teams beat.

Old 12-22-2012, 11:30 PM

9,763 posts, read 7,475,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevej64 View Post
I wonder what QB were availble in last years draft when the jets had there pick?

Why would they have drafted a QB at the draft last year when they already had 3 QBs on the roster by the time the draft started?? (Sanchez, McElroy [7th round in 2011] and Tebow [traded in March])

Old 12-23-2012, 08:05 AM

139 posts, read 142,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Here's a guy who says that he can "fix" Tim Tebow's passing problems in six weeks of intensive work when he gets to his new team.

Excerpt: "Tim Tebow is fixable. The mechanically flawed quarterback can be "re-engineered'' and given a fresh start beyond his failed New York Jets experiment, say two leading quarterback gurus who are willing to accept the challenge."

That's what George Whitfield Jr. had to say. Another QB guru, Terry Shea, agrees with Whitfield that Tebow is not only salvageable, but says it is a critical matter of matching Tebow's different skill set with the right head coach who can maximize his athleticism. I never heard of these guys, but some of you may have.
I agree about the right coach who can make the most of Tebow.
But "re-engineered"? Wont that take away his strengths?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football