Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 04:10 PM

2,533 posts, read 4,607,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
the seattle seahawks have the #1 scoring defense in the NFL. Seattle's defense has given up the fewest points of all 32 teams in the league.

Please city data football fans....PLEASE don't think i'm trying to take away from what Wilson has done the last 7 games. BUt having the #1 defense in the NFL sure helps his cause....

In comparison to Russel Wilson having the #1 defense in the NFL, Luck has the 26th ranked defense, and RG3 the 28th ranked defense.

Not like it's Wilsons fault for having a spectacular defense, but he has it MUCH easier than RG3 and Luck when it comes to having to score a lot of points to win.

Yeah but take away the last 3 games and the Seahawks are scoring like 10 points a game for the season to go with that defense. 2000 Ravens and Trent Dilfer anyone?

Barring the 2nd seed or a division win I don't see their 3-5 road record translating to 3 road playoff wins and a Super Bowl trip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2012, 04:27 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,121,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kees View Post
Yeah but take away the last 3 games and the Seahawks are scoring like 10 points a game for the season to go with that defense. 2000 Ravens and Trent Dilfer anyone?
i was going to say that, but i didn't want to seem like a hater.

But yes, its a fact. If you take away the last 3 games when the Seahawks padded their stats and ran up the score, week 1 through 13 the Seahawks were averaging just 18 points game, 29th in the league. That's horrible...

But the last 3 weeks with blowout wins against 2 horrible teams and a good SF team, Seattle's offense has jumped into the top 10.

Old 12-30-2012, 04:37 PM

2,533 posts, read 4,607,772 times
Quote:
i was going to say that, but i didn't want to seem like a hater.

But yes, its a fact. If you take away the last 3 games when the Seahawks padded their stats and ran up the score, week 1 through 13 the Seahawks were averaging just 18 points game, 29th in the league. That's horrible...

But the last 3 weeks with blowout wins against 2 horrible teams and a good SF team, Seattle's offense has jumped into the top 10.
... and today they are back down to earth with 6 points on the board halfway through 3rd qtr.

Old 12-31-2012, 08:17 AM

139 posts, read 142,316 times
Quote:
the seattle seahawks have the #1 scoring defense in the NFL. Seattle's defense has given up the fewest points of all 32 teams in the league.

Please city data football fans....PLEASE don't think i'm trying to take away from what Wilson has done the last 7 games. BUt having the #1 defense in the NFL sure helps his cause....

In comparison to Russel Wilson having the #1 defense in the NFL, Luck has the 26th ranked defense, and RG3 the 28th ranked defense.

Not like it's Wilsons fault for having a spectacular defense, but he has it MUCH easier than RG3 and Luck when it comes to having to score a lot of points to win.
I am confused. Are we comparing teams, or are we comparing quarterbacks.
Most certainly a great defense makes it easier to win games.
But I watched Wilson last year in Wisconsin. He makes great decisions. He sees down the field.
But I have watched Luck and RG3 also, and they make good decisions also. They all have a lot in common. And they are darn good young quarterbacks. Time will tell which are the keepers, and which are the flash in the pans.
I dont see any really outstanding number 1 team this year either.

Old 12-31-2012, 09:56 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,242,057 times
Quote:
but he has it MUCH easier than RG3 and Luck when it comes to having to score a lot of points to win.
except he has played (and beaten) tremendous passing defenses - the defenses you face are as important as the one behind you when it comes to putting up points

seattle played 7 games against teams that are in the top 7 of passer rating against - if only having a good defense made it easy to play QB then the cardinals would have a lot more wins, as they have by far an insane defense and are very difficult to pass against

Old 12-31-2012, 10:01 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,242,057 times
seattle has also played 2x against the team that leads the league in sacks, 1x against the 4th, 6th, 7th, 8th and 10th team then 2x against the 11th and 2x against the 13th

if you look at all their games they've played 12 against teams that are above the league average in sacks

facing that type of consistent pressure doesn't make it any easier to throw the ball - regardless of how good your own defense is

Old 01-05-2013, 07:45 AM

139 posts, read 142,316 times
I love quarterback stats, it's how I defend my quarterback. But the rest kind of float over my head.
I go by what I see, what my gut instincts tell me.
And they tell me this Seattle team with Russell Wilson is good, very good.

Old 01-06-2013, 03:52 PM

25,858 posts, read 16,563,286 times
After getting down 14-0 the Seahawks have turned this one around! Looking to take the lead before halftime!

Old 01-06-2013, 04:00 PM

3,493 posts, read 4,677,623 times
We don't need to be the best team in the NFL...we just need to win a superbowl.
Those other stats...those don't matter....

Old 01-06-2013, 04:27 PM

14,333 posts, read 14,643,316 times
Doesn't look like it today, neither is overly impressive, simple game plans really but both these teams with these young QBs will be in for the long haul.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football