Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 08:15 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,326,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by npaladin2000 View Post
What else was he supposed to do, start Colt McCoy? Maybe get Derek Anderson or Brady Quinn back?

I know, he could have traded for Tim Tebow.
Yeah, the Steelers and the Ravens would have loved that
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2012, 08:22 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,037,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by npaladin2000 View Post
What else was he supposed to do, start Colt McCoy? Maybe get Derek Anderson or Brady Quinn back?

I know, he could have traded for Tim Tebow.

Show that he was a coach who committed to winning and not afraid to make a change by starting another QB when Weeden was not getting the job done.

Old 01-01-2013, 09:17 AM

45,585 posts, read 27,209,359 times
Ditka: Firing Lovie a bad move by Bears

"If Minnesota would have lost last night and the Bears were in the playoffs this wouldn't have happened. That's a fact. So how stupid is it then? It really is stupid. If they would have made the playoffs this would not have happened."

"The organization doesn't need turning around like a lot of the other ones," Ditka said. "If they want to get back to the Super Bowl you're going to have to have the right players. Don't ask me how you get through the season without key injuries. No one hits anybody anymore then they go out on Sunday and get hurt. What the hell do you expect?"

This was the surprising move of the day.

Old 01-01-2013, 09:19 AM

45,585 posts, read 27,209,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Show that he was a coach who committed to winning and not afraid to make a change by starting another QB when Weeden was not getting the job done.
I thought McCoy had them on the right track last year. I remember they did beat the Pats last year pretty soundly.

Old 01-01-2013, 09:58 AM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,092,300 times
And Jim Schwartz still has a job with the Lions.

Along with ALL of his assistants.

Lovie Smith would be a welcome sight in Detroit.

Old 01-01-2013, 10:10 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Goodbye Norv and AJ. You will not be missed. Is Rivers broken? Prior to 2011 he was close to elite. Now he looks scared. I don't blame him with that OL. I don't want Andy Reid. Knowing the Chargers organization they will go the cheap route.
has Norv ever been a decent head coach?

Old 01-01-2013, 10:54 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,076,603 times
My thoughts:

- I think firing Whisenhunt was a mistake. He is a good coach who made that team better than the sum of its parts. The GM and ownership bear the brunt of the blame.

- Turner was a justifiable firing. He's never been a very good head coach, though he is one of the better OC's in the game.

- I probably would have kept Gailey for another year on the stipulation that a competent and established DC be brought in to run that side of the equation. As a Broncos fan, I know first hand that you can't continually change schemes like that and expect results, no matter how good the offense is.

- I'm not surprised that the Bears fired Lovie Smith. At some point, you just have to recognize that you have a good but not great coach and as a franchise, be willing to take the chance to reach higher.

- Shurmer is more or less a victim of the front office changes in Cleveland and the new guys in charge wanting to bring in their own coach. I don't think he would have lasted much longer anyways, though.

- Reid's message got stale in Philly (as what happens to most long tenured coaches) and the organization will benefit from a reboot. I also think the Juan Castillo fiasco was ultimately his downfall. That said, he's a great coach who will probably find success somewhere else.

- Crennel probably should have got another shot, with Pioli getting shown the door instead. People forget he was turning around Cleveland before the wheels fell off in 2008, and Crennel was doing some good work with the Chiefs defense.

Old 01-01-2013, 11:07 AM

6,405 posts, read 8,991,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post

Instead the parted ways with receiver, running back and o-line coaches.

Old 01-01-2013, 12:26 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,037,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post

Now that surprised me the most because I thought for sure he would be fired. But I think Schwartz and Jason Garrett has to make the playoffs next year or they are done.

Old 01-01-2013, 01:19 PM

3,681 posts, read 9,061,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Now that surprised me the most because I thought for sure he would be fired. But I think Schwartz and Jason Garrett has to make the playoffs next year or they are done.
Schwartz deserves another year... But I'm still baffled that Jason Garrett is A) a head coach and B) has not been fired yet.... What has he done to justify his gig?? NOTHING... ZERO! As a Redskin fan, I love it, I hope Garrett is around for a long time and I hope Jerry Jones becomes the next headcoach of the Cowboys when he's done with Garrett. He could be the first owner/GM/President and headcoach! And THAT my friends would be AWESOME!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football