Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 07:27 AM

2,533 posts, read 4,604,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
What you missed was my facetiousness.

I know you're not a Seahawk fan because you spend most your time bad-mouthing them in their now-closed down threads.

No, you're a fan of the Atlanta Falcons er Arizona Cardinals er NY Giants er Green Bay Packers er San Francisco 49ers er New Orleans Saints er Baltimore Ravens er San Diego Chargers!
LMAO... the threads aren't closed down... and I'm not a fan of any of those teams except Atlanta.

All my friends want me to go green though... so I probably will... next season.

In the meantime you should probably stick to talking about something that you actually have a clue about... instead of making yourself look foolish.

This thread was posted to point out a crazy statistic... nothing more. If you want I will post another thread about how 18 of the 20 #1 seeds dating back to 2003 have not won the Super Bowl... then I suppose you'll say I'm a fan of all those teams too?

Old 01-06-2014, 08:11 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
How do you figure? For the Broncos it was "pick your poison." Going into the games today the Broncos were getting either the Colts or the Chargers, both of which have beaten them. But I don't think they're sitting around fretting because the Chargers are inbound. If they take the field and play Broncos football the way they know they can, they will be just fine.
In the playoffs, I don't think a team in Denver's position wants to see a divisional opponent, who knows them and has beat them, coming to town. The Colts may have beat them - but it's not the same as a divisional opponent that faces them twice a year every year.

Old 01-06-2014, 08:25 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,006,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
In the playoffs, I don't think a team in Denver's position wants to see a divisional opponent, who knows them and has beat them, coming to town. The Colts may have beat them - but it's not the same as a divisional opponent that faces them twice a year every year.
This is a two-way street, though. It's not like the Chargers know the Broncos but the Broncos don't know the Chargers. No matter who comes to town, the priority needs to remain playing Broncos football the way that got them 13-3 and a record setting offense. If they play their game they will be fine.

Now in both games the Chargers played ball control and ran effectively against the Broncos. They held the ball for roughly 38 minutes on both games. This time around the Broncos defense needs to do better against the run and the offense needs to run better on the Chargers than they did in either if the two regular season games. There is no reason to believe the Broncos can't do this. Success in the regular season will not always translate into the playoffs. Ask the Bengals.

Old 01-06-2014, 08:27 AM

4,582 posts, read 3,409,523 times
I give the Chargers a 60% chance of beating Denver, if Indy also beats NE, then the Bolt's will go to the SB.

Old 01-06-2014, 08:47 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,730,190 times
I stink at making predictions, however from a pure football matchup standpoint, I love the matchups this week....(even though Vegas doesn't agree w/me w/the big point spreads..)

The only issue I have is that I'll miss the 1st part of the Denver game since I'll be going to the Panthers game!!

Old 01-06-2014, 08:56 AM

255 posts, read 660,819 times
Quote:
At least he has a playoff history.

The last time I remember the Bolts going far in the playoffs was about 1994 or so.

So 20 years ago...
AFC Championship Game 2007

Lost by a field goal to the Patriots.

By my math that is not 20 years ago.

Old 01-06-2014, 09:10 AM

18,021 posts, read 27,468,060 times
Now count up in 20 years how many times the Broncos have won the AFC West, the AFC conference, gone to the Superbowl and won it, vs the Chargers success in those categories over the last 20 years.

Old 01-06-2014, 09:31 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
This is a two-way street, though. It's not like the Chargers know the Broncos but the Broncos don't know the Chargers. No matter who comes to town, the priority needs to remain playing Broncos football the way that got them 13-3 and a record setting offense. If they play their game they will be fine.

Now in both games the Chargers played ball control and ran effectively against the Broncos. They held the ball for roughly 38 minutes on both games. This time around the Broncos defense needs to do better against the run and the offense needs to run better on the Chargers than they did in either if the two regular season games. There is no reason to believe the Broncos can't do this. Success in the regular season will not always translate into the playoffs. Ask the Bengals.
Regarding ball control... Chargers are #1 in time of possession.

A sign of a good team is when they are able to do what they do effectively, even when the opposition knows what they are going to do. So the Chargers were able to play their game twice this year, and the teams are even (Den 28-20, SD 27-20). I think it's 50-50 as to who wins this game.

Old 01-06-2014, 09:34 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,547,689 times
SD is really scary..............they could get there.

Old 01-06-2014, 10:31 AM

255 posts, read 660,819 times
Quote:
Now count up in 20 years how many times the Broncos have won the AFC West, the AFC conference, gone to the Superbowl and won it, vs the Chargers success in those categories over the last 20 years.
Because the last 20 years is Relevant WHY?

What the hell does that have to do with this year?

Sounds like a nervous donkey fan hiding behind past success.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football