Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 06:45 PM

570 posts, read 721,614 times

Advertisements

The next Ryan Leaf.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2014, 07:53 PM

5,652 posts, read 6,989,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iced Coffee View Post
The next Ryan Leaf.
That was the first thought that went through my head when I heard the story.

Sorry, but Johnny Football doesn't sound like he's going to be a great teammate, leader or worth the headaches.

Old 02-16-2014, 11:18 AM

6,292 posts, read 7,502,540 times
The Houston Chronicle publish the 1st of a "5 part" series on Johnny Manziel in today paper. This is the article that contains the now infamous quote about the chip on his shoulder going from a "Frito to a Dorito". But I have to wonder if anybody heard or read, what else he said during this really in depth interview, or why those quotes didn't make the headlines like that one quote that was a tiny bit of the whole.

He talks about how important football is to him and that he respects the game and how hard he works to be the best he can. "I'm going to fight until there is no time left on the clock", "It's not about the money to me", "Football and family will always be the most important things in my life", If you read this article and see the complete picture of what trainers and professionals who know the game and what it takes to succeed in the NFL say about Manziel, maybe you wont be so dismissive of Manziel and look at him from a more even perspective.

I don't think any other player will be getting this kind of a write up , its clear the Houston media is behind Manziel. I am too.

Old 02-16-2014, 02:58 PM

5,147 posts, read 7,478,798 times
Quote:
"It's not about the money to me",
Baloney. So why was he autographing shirts? It is TOTALLY about the money. And people who read what he says and think "Wow, the REAL Johnny Football" should be referred to Florida real estate brokers. They'll find some very tempting investment properties.

Old 02-17-2014, 07:44 AM

8,980 posts, read 17,294,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
I don't like the guy already. He hasn't played one game in the NFL, and already he's running his big mouth about what a mistake a team would be making if they don't pick him.

Stupid. I'm not a fan of this idiot. Until he proves himself over many seasons in the NFL, he should really just shut up.
Peyton Manning said to the Colts before they drafted him, that he would "kick their asses" every time he played the Colts if they passed on him.

This is nothing new, and this thread only shows how silly the public has become with these athlete's and their talk.

Old 02-17-2014, 01:50 PM

342 posts, read 685,684 times
As a die hard Texan fan I really hope they dont pick him, tim tebow in the making.

Old 02-17-2014, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymondm View Post
As a die hard Texan fan I really hope they dont pick him, tim tebow in the making.
A show monkey for sure. But at least he doesn't need a wildcat formation.

Old 02-17-2014, 03:21 PM

342 posts, read 685,684 times
Yea thats true I just hope the workout in California pays off. Jadaveon sounds good with j.j. but the guy seems lazy and seem like another sam Montgomery. Im really hoping Bridgewater is the pick hes more of cerebral qb at type of quarterback bill likes. Blake bortles is another blane gabbert.

Old 02-17-2014, 04:57 PM

I'll be SO eager to see how motivated Jadaveon is in an NFL uniform. A fired up version of him could be a Ray Lewis rebirth. But it is all about the fire in his belly. Ray had something NUCLEAR going on inside him.

Old 02-18-2014, 07:47 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,111,956 times
cocky bastard. He's a darn good quarterback, but I hate him as a person. Comes across as a real jerk and he oozes arrogance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football