Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2018, 11:53 PM

1,338 posts, read 2,025,477 times

Advertisements

Forget the 28 points that the Chiefs scored, it looks like a lot, but the Chargers held the Chiefs to 294 total yards which was their lowest total all season. That's the important number, and the Chargers offense actually had a lot to do with that. The offense put together long, time-consuming drives that kept Mahomes off the field. The Charger defense is legit. After the Bears, the Bolts defense may be the best in the league.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2018, 01:41 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Let’s see alienate your SD fans by moving? Go to a city that didn’t want football in the first place and be the second team which has no fan base there? Get into a terrible stadium sharing deal as the second fiddle? Be ran by an cheap incompetent ahole? All check marks for failure.
I was at The Murph for the home game that also included Fouts' retirement ceremony. The fans loved Fouts, but multiple members of the Spanos family were booed...and that was in the 80s.

Old 12-14-2018, 01:54 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subPrimeTime View Post
Well I do fault them for leaving San Diego, but what's done is done and I'm glad they're here in LA now. But I'm greedy and enjoy having two football teams to root for.

Both San Antonio & St. Louis are fine cities, I'm sure, and both could put passionate football fans in the seats. But a "Stan Kroenke" doesn't grow on trees. Those cities will need to either fund a new stadium or come across a mega-billionaire to help them out. The Chargers ownership has limited funds, they are not building their own stadium. They are basically getting a multi-billion dollar stadium built for them for nothing in Inglewood, all they gotta do is pay the rent.

I don't know, maybe the NFL forces the Spanos' to sell the team.
I wonder if when the owner dies (and the spouse dies), the league has the option of forcing the heirs to sell the team ? Old man Spanos died a couple of months ago and, IIRC, his wife predeceased him. Bud Adams passed away, but his daughter (Cindy, IIRC) is the controlling partner of the Titans.

Old 12-14-2018, 09:22 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,620,001 times
A few years back the Chargers would be leading in the 4th and give it up. It was frustrating. Now they go into the 4th quarter down and they make it happen. There is definitely something different with this team and I think it starts with Anthony Lynn.

Old 12-14-2018, 10:01 AM

5,829 posts, read 5,635,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
A few years back the Chargers would be leading in the 4th and give it up. It was frustrating. Now they go into the 4th quarter down and they make it happen. There is definitely something different with this team and I think it starts with Anthony Lynn.
Anthony Lynn is a stud and I've become a huge fan of his this year. I want him to win it all...

Old 12-14-2018, 11:04 AM

4,042 posts, read 2,712,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
anthony lynn is a stud and i've become a huge fan of his this year. I want him to win it all...

agree!!!

Old 12-14-2018, 12:14 PM

5,922 posts, read 6,471,110 times
It took some big family jewels to go for two instead of going for the tie. I realize extra points aren't as automatic as they were a few years ago, but still, that took guts to make that call and it paid off! Good for the Chargers! Phillip Rivers deserves a Super Bowl championship.

Old 12-14-2018, 01:09 PM

5,745 posts, read 4,701,984 times
Great game last night.

Love the Chargers, but hate the Spanos'.

My wish is that the Spanos' sell the team, and the new owner moves it back to SD, and builds a new stadium with their own money.

Is that too much to ask?

Old 12-14-2018, 04:14 PM

5,217 posts, read 6,147,251 times
Congrats to all those Charger fans.......I have always been a bit of a Chargers fan from spending many months over the years in San Diego and when our hometown Boston boy Doug Flutie was with the Chargers I watched as many games as I could cheering him on.

It is a sad state of affairs when NFL owners hold cities and fans hostage. The Chargers had so many close years while in San Diego.......it would be ironic to see them get to the big game at a time where their presence in LA and fan base there is so small.

Go Chargers

Old 12-14-2018, 07:05 PM

1,336 posts, read 1,824,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Good notes above.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Well, now this thread should get some activity. You have to credit the Chargers for playing one hell of a game. Philip Rivers might be the most hated quarterback in the NFL, but the guy is more resilient than anyone I've seen in some time outside of Tom Brady. Andy Reid is going to be thinking about this game for a long time.
WHAT???? Who hates Phillip Rivers??? One of the nicest guys in the NFL! People from San Diego might hate the owners (Spanos family) but I don't know a single person that has ever hated Phillip Rivers!

And yes it was a Hell of a game! Go Bolts!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football