Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 06:17 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,592,281 times

Advertisements

If you look it up, you'll find that the Nets, when they came into existence in the old ABA, were the New York Nets, and their original home base was the Long Island Arena in Commack. So when they move to Brooklyn, they'll actually be returning to their home state.

And for Big Daryle, there's an apartment complex on the site of Ebbets Field. I can see it from my living room window!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2008, 06:35 PM

2,541 posts, read 11,333,090 times
actually I think the jets and giants should leave the meadowlands alone and build a new stadium next to the prudential center in Newark, NJ somewhere

It will help the city out a lot, and Newark has pub trans so NYers can get there too without car

the poor meadowlands should be left alone

Old 11-12-2008, 11:00 PM

855 posts, read 2,395,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big daryle View Post
What now occupies the site that Ebbets Field used to be on?
Apartment buildings. They were originally named after Ebbets Field but were renamed after Jackie Robinson after he died.

Old 11-13-2008, 10:52 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,592,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Chutzpah View Post
actually I think the jets and giants should leave the meadowlands alone and build a new stadium next to the prudential center in Newark, NJ somewhere
That would be an interesting proposal. Is there a chunk of land that large next to the Prudential Center that could accommodate a football stadium?

Old 11-13-2008, 03:14 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,358,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big daryle View Post
What now occupies the site that Ebbets Field used to be on?

That site is now occupied by a high-rise apartment complex.

Old 11-13-2008, 11:12 PM

2,653 posts, read 5,959,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
If you look it up, you'll find that the Nets, when they came into existence in the old ABA, were the New York Nets, and their original home base was the Long Island Arena in Commack. So when they move to Brooklyn, they'll actually be returning to their home state.

And for Big Daryle, there's an apartment complex on the site of Ebbets Field. I can see it from my living room window!
Negative.
They were the New Jersey Americans before they became the New York Nets.

Old 11-13-2008, 11:36 PM

1,999 posts, read 4,994,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
That site is now occupied by a high-rise apartment complex.
More precisely it is a government run housing project.

Old 11-14-2008, 08:37 AM

729 posts, read 2,066,739 times
Kinda off topic....who sang the Star Spangled Banner last night? Just curious so I can boycott this Anti-American singing group.

Old 10-25-2009, 07:37 PM

1 posts, read 2,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
As an ex Jersey-an and a sports fan, most of us were pretty mad way back when it all went down.

I boycotted the Giants ever since.

They play in NJ, they collect pay checks from NJ drawn from NJ banks and pay taxes to NJ. Yet they do not want to be called NJ. The Nets do with no bad stigma attached. They have a great following too. I always thought that was the origional problem is no one wanted to be called NJ because of the reputation it has.

If the Giants are playing I always route for them to lose by 200 points.
come on man it's really nothing to get mad over

Both the jets and giants are New York based teams that play in Jersey. Without the name bame they wouldnt be as big. Plus both teams started in NY, played in NY and Giants have played in NY for t least 50 years

Jersey is right across the water and it's all just imaginary statelines seperating us. Plus there are a ton of people that go to work in Manhattan and are from Jersey.

Dont think its an issue, we can all root for the teams.

Last edited by kuniv1one; 10-25-2009 at 07:51 PM..

Old 10-26-2009, 04:26 AM

6,359 posts, read 8,825,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKE POL View Post
Okay I'm just a person from Milwaukee and Last time I checked The Brewers play all there home games in Milw
c'mon, MKE, that's not true. When it's Cubs vs. Brewers at Miller Park, the ballpark is obviously smack dab in the heart of the north side of the Windy City.

At those times, you virtually can't see the huge fan like dome but can totally imagine ivy on the outfield wall just taunting Bernie Brewer and the racing sausages.

We'll concede you the domes, Harley, and Pottawatomi, but Miller Park is FIP heaven when the Cubs are in town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football