Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Most annoying/arrogant/classless NFL fan base
Baltimore Ravens 1 2.44%
Cincinnati Bengals 0 0%
Cleveland Browns 0 0%
Pittsburgh Steelers 2 4.88%
Houston Texans 0 0%
Indianapolis Colts 0 0%
Jacksonville Jaguars 3 7.32%
Tennessee Titans 0 0%
Buffalo Bills 0 0%
Miami Dolphins 0 0%
New England Patriots 6 14.63%
New York Jets 1 2.44%
Denver Broncos 0 0%
Kansas City Chiefs 0 0%
Oakland Raiders 2 4.88%
San Diego Chargers 0 0%
Chicago Bears 0 0%
Detroit Lions 0 0%
Green Bay Packers 3 7.32%
Minnesota Vikings 0 0%
Atlanta Falcons 1 2.44%
Carolina Panthers 0 0%
New Orleans Saints 0 0%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 1 2.44%
Dallas Cowboys 5 12.20%
New York Giants 0 0%
Philadelphia Eagles 7 17.07%
Washington Redskins 0 0%
Arizona Cardinals 0 0%
San Francisco 49ers 0 0%
Seattle Seahawks 9 21.95%
St. Louis Rams 0 0%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2015, 07:03 PM

2,949 posts, read 5,503,798 times

Advertisements

All fans of winning teams end up being arrogant and obnoxious. You never hear from them until their team starts winning. Then they come out of the woodwork, bragging and boasting. It includes my team as well. I remember back in the 70's and 80's when the Redskins were pretty good. I lived around a lot of Redskin fans and they never shut up. But for the the last 25 yrs, not so much. You better believe, when they get good again, they will start up again. I get a kick out of fans whose team doesn't even make the playoffs, but they post negative posts and memes about other teams when they lose in the playoffs. lol

Sports brings out the worst in people. Every time the Steelers lose, their fan base starts bragging about the SB's they won 40 yrs ago.lol Patriot fans were crapping their pants last Saturday when it took 2 trick plays to beat the Ravens. Then when the game was over and they got cleaned up and they barely won, they start bragging about how they had the much better team, etc. lol

It is refreshing to run into a real mature fan of the game that doesn't brag and can admit that most games swing on a couple of plays, calls, turnovers, etc. Unfortunately, they are few and far between. Any team can win on any Sunday. It's that close, for most teams. So no, your team or my team isn't that much better than any other team. Your team may win this year, but sooner or later, they will get their arse beat by someone else. wish most people would realize this and just be happy that the pieces came together for their team that year and not go around acting like a jerk. It always comes back to bite you.

Old 01-15-2015, 07:12 PM

The coolest fans are the ones whose teams are NOT perennial winners. Once a team starts to win for a few years, the fans turn arrogant. History pretty much bears that out. Perfect example is Seahawk fans. They have been losers for the majority of their existence, with a few good seasons here and there. They finally won a SB last year and now you can't shut them up. Same held true for the Patriots. Basically losers for most of their existence and never heard much from their fans. Couldn't sell out their stadium. But because they have been good for the last 10 yrs and play in a weak division, they get home field in the playoffs, and their fans are as arrogant as ever. After Brady retires, they will go back in the hole again. lol

Old 01-15-2015, 07:20 PM

14,333 posts, read 14,640,203 times
All fans of winning teams end up being arrogant and obnoxious.

No secret I'm a Packer fan. They've been to the playoffs the last 6 yrs., won the NFC North for 4 years now. I don't consider myself arrogant and obnoxious not at all. I'm always trying to be gracious and fairly nice to fans of teams that go to the SB when my team doesn't. Smack talk and dumb conversation as in my team is the only team that is great, serves no purpose, not at all. I leave to the younger, newer generation of fans.

Old 01-15-2015, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
All fans of winning teams end up being arrogant and obnoxious.

No secret I'm a Packer fan. They've been to the playoffs the last 6 yrs., won the NFC North for 4 years now. I don't consider myself arrogant and obnoxious not at all. I'm always trying to be gracious and fairly nice to fans of teams that go to the SB when my team doesn't. Smack talk and dumb conversation as in my team is the only team that is great, serves no purpose, not at all. I leave to the younger, newer generation of fans.
I'm speaking in general terms. There are decent fans of every team.

Old 01-15-2015, 07:43 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,628,567 times
Good point with the winning/losing team differences.

In that aspect, I actually give the current losing teams fans a but of a break... At least they are loyal and hanging with their team through the hard times.

There is nothing worse than being ghosts in the tough times and throwing confetti during success.

Old 01-15-2015, 11:32 PM

18,233 posts, read 25,891,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
There are decent fans of every team.
Absolutely! And there are times when fans will give credit where credits due when a player least expects it.

One of those instances was the final game of the 2000 regular season. The 49ers were playing the Broncos at the old Mile High Stadium, the stadium was going to be knocked down that next month with Invesco Field at Mile High just recently having its construction completed.

It appeared that Jerry Rice's career with San Francisco was coming to an end. At that time he'd been in the league since 1985, he was playing in his 16th season, and the average joe on the street figured that Jerry would hang 'em up after the season was over at that time anyway. Before game time the 49ers offense was introduced first and ya heard the usual booing when players were introduced.

Rice was the last one introduced and 76,000 plus turned around, got on their feat, and gave him a standing ovation that lasted over thirty seconds. I ought to know, I was there and I timed the applause. In Monday's Rocky Mountain news, a couple reporters asked Rice if he would care to comment on the fans reaction. Rice said he was pretty surprised but was really appreciative of their response.

There are times where fans are appreciative of true greatness when they see it. And they showed it that day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.